Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 06:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ideas?

hey i have a 86lt 230 quadsport. i broke my side case last week but got a new one! and so i wanted to know if anyone could post pics of how they made a guard for the case so that the chain wont go back threw it. if you got anyideas just post pics or just tell me thanks.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider

What I'm thinking about doing to mine is taking a long strip of metal thats about 4-5mm thick by about 12-14 inches long. Then I was going to cut a piece of wood about how round I want the case caver. I would then bend the case saver around the shape of the wood. Then I was going to weld an extension on to attach the case saver to the chain guide screws, right underneath the chain, next to the swingarm. Then I was going to bend the top part around that part of the frame thats right above the chain and then I was going to screw a hole through that part of the frame and the case saver. This way it doesn't touch the engine at all. I haven't done it yet, but I'm planning on it this week. I was also planning on welding an inside protector around the inside of the sprocket, connected to the inside of the case saver.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you that actually gave me a good idea and with your final outcome could you put a pic and i will do the same also let me know what your result is.. your a good help thank you

Old 05-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rideallday12
Thank you that actually gave me a good idea and with your final outcome could you put a pic and i will do the same also let me know what your result is.. your a good help thank you
An O-ring chain helps too. In between painting my new 230 frame i am in production with a new case saver that will allow riders to run a 13 tooth front sprocket. i've already got a template cut out now i am waiting on a machince shop to cut out a few case savers so i can add the final touches to them.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Trailrider230s
An O-ring chain helps too. In between painting my new 230 frame i am in production with a new case saver that will allow riders to run a 13 tooth front sprocket. i've already got a template cut out now i am waiting on a machince shop to cut out a few case savers so i can add the final touches to them.
oh thats pretty cool you gotta post some pictures of the final product.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would like to see what everyone comes up with... I was looking at a site that has one for sell but i don't know if i will buy it or just make one myself...For now what i did was removed a link in the chain...

look under #33
New Suzuki LT230S Quad Sport Parts at Vince's Cycle

Old 05-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Icemanron
I would like to see what everyone comes up with... I was looking at a site that has one for sell but i don't know if i will buy it or just make one myself...For now what i did was removed a link in the chain...

look under #33
New Suzuki LT230S Quad Sport Parts at Vince's Cycle
Vince doesnt sell parts anymore. All he does is 230 crank rebuilds & he fixes cracked engine cases.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Trailrider230s
Vince doesnt sell parts anymore. All he does is 230 crank rebuilds & he fixes cracked engine cases.
Thanks i didn't know......It was the only one I found online for sell....

Old 05-21-2011, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you might want to think about a chain tensioner.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

been trying to find a tensioner everywhere..... everyone is out of stock or discontinued. i believe vince still has some inventory to sell, not positive tho

Quick Reply: ideas?