Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

86 lt230s carb help

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86 lt230s carb help

ok so my lt230s has been running real crazy kinda like its on a rev limiter and dying out real easy so ive had many opinions from mechanics whom has looked over it and weve realized that the choke does not work. its stuck wich is making it run really crazy. i was wondering if anbody can send me a picture of their carb from a 86 lt230s so i can see if mine is correct. i found schematics but they dont help i need to see how it is set up. im pretty sure there is somthing missing. thank you in advance guys.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Here are two sites with good pics: Scroll down until you see the carb pics for both sites:
http://forums.atvconnection.com/suzu...project-5.html

Carb Tuning - Suzuki LT230S Vault

Old 07-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

those pictures and everything were perfect man thanx alot. it turns out they were right im missing my choke lever wich means my choke is stuck on wich in turn is making it run pretty shitty. the guy i got this quad off of just ghetto rigged it to the extreme i mean the exhaust had no gaskets and the studs were snapped off on the intake. the plastics are screwed and ziptied on it took me 2 hours just to get the rear fenders off. it had 25x12 inch tires on it and to boot im missing motor mounts and random hardware everywhere i didnt know what i was getting myself into. but thank you man your help is much appreciated.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

those tires are huge for that quad. Go on ebay and you can get most of your parts that you need really cheap. You can buy the motor mounts for a couple bucks on ebay and you can get some tires for probably $70 including rims. For the carb parts, go to cheapcycle or bikebandit, they can normally take a couple weeks to come from them, but they are new oem and you probably wont find the parts anywhere else unless you find a parts carb cheap.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

yea thats mainly where ive been getting my parts from mostly.. idk if its just me but i find it pretty hard to find decent parts for my quadsport especially nerf bars its crazy how expensive they are but i need em. the other day when i was riding my feet were sliding everywhere i dont like that at all.. does anybody know if any other model or years of atvs nerf bars fit an 86 lt230s? and also does anyone know where to get plastics cheaper then $400 any help is appreciated.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

yea thats mainly where ive been getting my parts from mostly.. idk if its just me but i find it pretty hard to find decent parts for my quadsport especially nerf bars its crazy how expensive they are but i need em. the other day when i was riding my feet were sliding everywhere i dont like that at all.. does anybody know if any other model or years of atvs nerf bars fit an 86 lt230s? and also does anyone know where to get plastics cheaper then $400 any help is appreciated.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:33 AM
Weekend Warrior