Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Suzuki
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 07-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default 03 eiger carb flooding issues

this is my first time, hopefully someone will see this. my eiger hesitates, and after a few minutes it tries to flood out...... i saw someone with similar problems on here.....and i think someone told him to adjust the mixture screw... then i think he said it fixed his..... anyone with any advice pz share it.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default helpppp with carb

i am goin to say everything the eiger does, and what i have tried to do to fix it. it hesitates a little all the time, but when i start it i can ride it decent for few minutes, and along as i stay on flat roads i can ride it all day back and forth, but it still hesitates, and when i try to ride in mountains, up an down trails, it only take 5 or 10 minutes for it to flood and die.it also always blows out black smoke. im not even close to bein a good mechanic, but i have had the carb off and cleaned the 2 jets that u take out with a flathead screwdriver, and the bowl is clean everytime i take it off, i just found out yesterday on here that there is another jet down inside of a whole, so i will try that today.. i just dont think it is the jets though.. let me say this also. its a 2002 or 2003 suzuki eiger, i bought it brand new, never a single problem until september of last year, i worked alot so i let my cousin borrow it for bout a month maybe 2, he accidentally ran it the whole month or so with the choke on, that is when it just died. I never tried to get it running until about 2 months ago, we have it running now, it just hesitates and floods out. Also i dont know if the choke bein on would cause it to mess up or if it was a coincidence, and the carb has never been worked on, so i dont think nothing needs adjusting on.....another thing.. when i take the carb off.. the top part of the carb where it connects to the air filter has black soot or smoke or something...i just know i can wipe my finger where the air filter hose connects to the carb and i have black substance on my finger.... and again idont know what that could mean either.... ive read one other post on here similar to my problems, and i think some kind of idle mixture screw fixed his. So anyway i reallly appreciate anyone who tries to help me. gettin kinda aggravated with it, lol. 8 year old boy makes it worse wanting to ride every evening,lol ... so as of now i am goin right now to try to clean that third jet.. the diagram i saw made it look like it was down in a hole in the carb..............this is my first time askin for help on here, sorry if im doin something wrong, ........thx alot pz help
Old 07-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Trailblazer
1986 Suzuki Quadsport 230S
My Garage

Goliath182 Goliath 182
Send a message via MSN to Goliath182

Did you set the float?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

yes the float and float bowl seemed fine... thx.... ive noticed different things today.. while riding when its hesitating, if i put it on the pri position it seems to run perfect... and when i put it back on res or on, after about 30 seconds it start missing or hesitating again...i have no clue why, unless that fuel switch is bad somehow.. i dont even know if those tear up. and can i just run it on pri? also i noticed the fan is not kicking on to cool the engine. so it seems my problems maybe more simple than i thought.. again thx for any suggestions
Old 08-02-2011, 09:54 PM

Tags
adjustment, atv, carburetor, diagram, eiger, fix, flooding, floods, full, gas, google, motor, screw, suzki, suzuki