Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT80 Ready for More Power!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow LT80 Ready for More Power!

Several months ago my Wife and I bought a bone stock 1992 Suzuki LT80 for our 8 year old son..($500)...Great machine!...We liked it so much we bought another for our 6 year old daughter...It's a 1991 also completely stock ($450.00)...We started getting our son's quad ready for a couple local races and made several improvements...Boyeson Reeds, Uni Filter, removed oil injector, 13/26 on 428 pitch, 16" x 6.5" rears, 18 x 7" fronts (clearance issues with taller tires), 90cc Xtreme Tantrum front shocks, 2" wheel spacers all the way around and flipped rims, DG exhaust (plan to buy the Trinity),Tusk handlebars, 4 rollers in front clutch,pro armor tether, Nerf bars, Pegs cut for easy clutch access, Race cut fenders, main jet 87.5 and I think that's about it...No motor work as of yet...We recently ran at our local fair and surprisingly had no trouble bringing home a first place victory...My daughter shows no interest in riding so I've decided its time to get some work done on one of the machines motors and keep one running as a yard quad for the time being..We hope to run AMA on the rebuilt machine next year and obviously use the other machine for parts when needed..My son understands hes faster with his wheels on the ground than in the air so I'm hoping broken cases wont be a problem...He's only 8 now and gets every ounce out of this quad every time he runs it..I'm wondering if anyone can help me get an idea of how much it would cost to have it ported, polished, shaved head, clutch work the whole bit..We don't have a ton of money to sink into it but were hoping to keep up with some of the modded 90's on the track next year...I'm hoping to get the head, clutch and whatever else is needed in the mail asap...Feel free to email me at crowsnestmercantile@yahoo.com or pm me on here...once I figure it out...LOL...Any help is greatly appreciated.