Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Revisit LT230S Goki starter kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 07:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revisit LT230S Goki starter kit

I would like to revisit this subject. I have a 1986 LT230S Suzuki quad. A number of years ago I got some parts and in the box was a GOKI stater and the side case but nothing else. I deceided to look into installing this after all these years. I have been in contact with GOKI and they are sending the installation instructions to me. My question to everyone here, is there anyone that might have some of these other parts that I need to complete the installation? My research shows GOKI offers most of the other parts but I'm not sure it's all of them. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jim

Old 08-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jim LG90
I would like to revisit this subject. I have a 1986 LT230S Suzuki quad. A number of years ago I got some parts and in the box was a GOKI stater and the side case but nothing else. I deceided to look into installing this after all these years. I have been in contact with GOKI and they are sending the installation instructions to me. My question to everyone here, is there anyone that might have some of these other parts that I need to complete the installation? My research shows GOKI offers most of the other parts but I'm not sure it's all of them. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jim
i personally wouldnt waste my time with it. if you want electric start get an lt230e. they made them from 87-94. if you put that starter set on an lt230s you'll pretty much run into more problems than you want to deal with. i have heard nothing but bad things about mounting a Goki starter on an lt230s.

Of course it is all up to you and how much crap you can deal with installing the kit. because you'll need alot of patience putting it all together and trying to find all the parts. good luck if you decide to install it.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. This is part of the reason it has set for this long. I think I'll let things the way they are. If it aint broke don't fix it!

Jim

Old 08-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jim LG90
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. This is part of the reason it has set for this long. I think I'll let things the way they are. If it aint broke don't fix it!

Jim
nice theory. thats my motto as well. i mean just think. the wires you'll have to run for it, finding a place to mount the battery, and finding a seal kit for it. and it the chain every flies off and hits it, it'll pretty much be toast. there'll be a giant hole in it where the chain hit.

just too much stuff to go wrong, for me anyway, to worry about putting a goki on.

i know them things sell like wild fire on ebay. i have only seen a few on there and they usaully sell fast. never saw one last more than a few days on there.