Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

need wiring diagram lt250r

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need wiring diagram lt250r

Hi all,
Ihave a 88 lt250r new motor top and bottom, bored ,reeds,thing screams,well did i recently totally disassembled it will the motor was out and the wires had been redone. the wires coming from thr stater are the same ones,i can trace the rear tail light wires, and so on. just when they junction under the tank im confused as to what connects to what. as of right now i have no spark, hence it wont fire. if some one has a wiring diagram they could send that would be great. or just tell me what wire from stater goes to coil wire and so on that would be a great help. am dieing to ride... thanks to all who can help.

PainBsC

Old 01-31-2005, 08:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

doesnt anyone have a manual they can look in real quick and tell me what color wire from stater goes to coil? all help is appreciated.

Old 01-31-2005, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is no wire that goes from the mag to the coil my scanners un hooked or i could scan ya the diagram. 3 of the four wires from mag goto cdi and come out of cdi . im not sure what your question is but the black out of cdi goes to coil if thats your question and black and white from the ground goes to other side of coil. if you can rephrase your question ill help ya in any way.good luck

Old 01-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Well here we go.from the coil/magneto/flywheel::: The yellow/red wire goes to the lighting switch. The black/red-- blue---black/white wires go to the CDI unit. Then from the cdi the BLACK wire goes to the ignition coil .And the BLACK/YELLOW wire goes to the engine ON/OFF switch. Then one wire from the ignition goes to ground and the other wire coming out of the ignition coil is the spark plug wire.Whatever you do please dont try to this by trial and error,you will most likely fry something,and then after its hooked up right,youll have to post asking why you have no spark. I read the wire stuff straight out of a factory manual,wich can still be had right off the shelf at your suzuki dealer,or online for about 20 bucks,well worth its weight in gold.

Old 01-31-2005, 10:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

i just put my quad back together it ran great before i disassembled for paint. putting it back together ther all the same colors where they plug back together under the tank. the wires from the mag are still un touched as far as original color codeing. but when they go to the cdi and the coil there all the same, the bike has no spark, it did when i disassembled it.im sure i just have a wire wrong going to coil. or maybe kill switch.so if you can look at your manual and tell me where and what colors the from the mag are, and where they go that would be such a help. also does the cdi ground directly to coil, cause there is one wire that plugs on. hope im not asking to much thanks...... alot.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2005, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

im going to try to scan the pic of the wiring diagram,but if i were you,i would just go buy a manual,cmon dude its like 20 bucks

Old 02-01-2005, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

WELL,my tard mom lost the special usb cable for our scanner,but ill have it on here tomorow afternoon sometime.sorry.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

tard mom.roflmao.. thanks bro.. the reason i havent bought the manual is cause everyone says they got to order it, the bike shops in ct suck as.... thanks again

Old 02-01-2005, 11:01 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you still need the pic let me know and i will send you one..

The following users liked this post:
Junbug69 (10-28-2022)
Old 02-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

please send pic of diagram.. much appreciated thanks

Quick Reply: need wiring diagram lt250r