Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

04 eiger clutch kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 eiger clutch kit

I'm looking for a clutch kit for my buddy's eiger and the only thing I can find is EPI's economy kit. Any one have any idea on what the intended purpose of that kit is? He's got 27" mudzilla's on it and has no real problems with ridability, but unless he's in slick mud he can't spin them fast enough to keep them cleaned out. Also, does anyone know if the adjustable parts(i.e. springs, roller weights, ect.) from a KQ700 would work in the 400 eiger? It looks like they are identical besides the outer shield(I call it) on the 700 that the eiger doesn't have. The first part of the part #'s are almost all the same just the second part of the number the letter changes (mostly) from F to G. Just wondering if I could get the spring and weight specs for the eiger and order corresponding parts that would be considered upgrades for the KQ. Has anybody tried something like this?

Old 08-28-2014, 02:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

The centrifugal clutch on the auto rarely gives trouble but we are always changing them on manual Eigers and King Quads.

I doubt if the Eiger and 700 King Quad variators are the same. One has a bolt on the crank end, the other a nut if I remember rightly. Every Suzuki I open up seems to have a different variator, I cleaned a 500 belt box and pulleys recently and it was different again. The rollers may be similar.

The 400 autos all seem badly geared, you are revving away and not accelerating fast enough in the high box, you don't get that feeling with any of the 450-750 King Quads. It's not the axle ratios, as manual 400s are OK. I did wonder about adding weight to some standard Eiger rollers, but haven't tried it yet.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:31 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

No clutch kit made will allow a 376cc Eiger to spin heavy 27" Mud Zilla's.

A 500 KQ would have a hard time.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

That's pretty much what I was guessing too TLC but, I figured it was mostly because there's only one option to choose from and it's labeled "economy". And that's crazy about using different clutches/variators on each machine. He can turn them just fine and spin them on hard ground, but getting enough wheel speed out of it to clean them out is what he's wanting. I agree they are heavy and probably too aggressive for a 400cc quad but that's what he's dealing with after the money has been spent. While I've learned a quite a bit about polaris clutching over the last few years I'm certainly no expert, I may have him order a set of roller weights a few grams heavier and play with the tuning to see what we can get out of it. Unless anyone has any other ideas? I'm well aware that it's not anywhere near as powerful as the big bore bikes but I'd like to try and help him get what he can out of what he has if there's anymore to get.