Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Questions about king quad 300

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 01:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about king quad 300

Okay i have three questions for you guys.

My 93 king quad when running in high gear for a long time like an hour of 30-70kmh overheats like crazy and starts to smoke. I know there is an air cooler in the front of the bike and my winch is pushed right up against it and blocks it completely could this be the issue?

Next

When I put my quad in 4wd or diff lock it will make a clunking noise in the left front...what could this be?

Finally

Where is the idle screw located?

All responses are aprreciated.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:47 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

look for a oil/gas leak someware. that will be your smoking probably.. make sure oil cooler is not plugged. The clunking is probably a cv in the front end. grab the axle shafts and check for play.
Cant remember what side the idle screw is on. but it has a extension on it so its just about even with the plastics. Its a star screw with a plastic casing on it so you can turn it by hand

Old 09-23-2014, 06:02 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Zrock
look for a oil/gas leak someware. that will be your smoking probably.. make sure oil cooler is not plugged. The clunking is probably a cv in the front end. grab the axle shafts and check for play.
Cant remember what side the idle screw is on. but it has a extension on it so its just about even with the plastics. Its a star screw with a plastic casing on it so you can turn it by hand
Ok thank you and I dont have a oil or gas leak but a few momths ago i got my oil leak fixed...before i got it fixed it was leaking like crazy, do you think that there still could be left over oil in the skid pan?

Old 09-24-2014, 09:10 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Possibly, You never told us where the smoke is originating from? Their is a plug on the front of the engine, looks like a big washer with a bolt in the middle but its all 1 pc. it has a rubber o ring in it. these are known to weep/leak. be careful with it as its only alum don't over tighten or it will brake and dump all the oil out. With the age of it look around the top of the engine for weeping/leaks.
The winch should not be a issue where it is as ours is in the same place with no issues. Take a hose and make sure the oil cooler is not plugged with dust/mud. I pressure was ours.
The clunking may be a front shaft going bad. grab it and see if their is any play in them. I just replaced one after it broke all mine are good and tight but i still hear a rattle/clunk when its working hard when locked in.
These are good little machines the gf loves hers and dosent want anything newer.. Parts are a little pricey but they go forever. Hers starts faster then my 2014 Arctic cat

Old 09-24-2014, 10:22 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Zrock
Possibly, You never told us where the smoke is originating from? Their is a plug on the front of the engine, looks like a big washer with a bolt in the middle but its all 1 pc. it has a rubber o ring in it. these are known to weep/leak. be careful with it as its only alum don't over tighten or it will brake and dump all the oil out. With the age of it look around the top of the engine for weeping/leaks.
The winch should not be a issue where it is as ours is in the same place with no issues. Take a hose and make sure the oil cooler is not plugged with dust/mud. I pressure was ours.
The clunking may be a front shaft going bad. grab it and see if their is any play in them. I just replaced one after it broke all mine are good and tight but i still hear a rattle/clunk when its working hard when locked in.
These are good little machines the gf loves hers and dosent want anything newer.. Parts are a little pricey but they go forever. Hers starts faster then my 2014 Arctic cat
Smoke cming out right from the big space in the middle of the bike on to my legs...and thanks for the responses

Old 09-26-2014, 09:32 AM
Super Quad Patrol

i would say you have a oil leak some ware still. may not be enough to see but enough to smoke. you can get a dye at your local auto store put it in the oil. Take it out for a good run and then use a black light and look for the leak. It should show up pretty quick as a florescent color. U may have oil coming out on the exhaust pipe that runs through their. Or you could be running really rich causing the pipe to glow What does your spark plug look like