Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Don't buy Suzuki

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 12:35 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They may not want to look at it before they insure it, but they sure will before they pay out a claim for it being totaled.
How do you look at stolen? They call it "fire and theft" .
Sounds like he has the fire part already took care of , so either way would work.

All I know is if my ATV was gone one morning or burnt down the check would be in the mail.

Not saying do it but just throwing it out there.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC
Sounds like he has the fire part already took care of , so either way would work.

All I know is if my ATV was gone one morning or burnt down the check would be in the mail.

Well, if you were to make a claim for fire, you'd probably still have it. If you're going to claim it's stolen, you'd better be able to produce a police report.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry about the delayed post responses. I had to have an emergency appendectomy on fri. (bad luck seems to run in packs)But I think everything is under control now. Except for dealing with Suzuki and my dealership. I,m already filling out paper work with the BBB and the State Attorney General. Quadsr4me seems to be thinking down the same line as me. Thanks again for your responses. I don't want someone else to go thru this same nightmare.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:07 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Wow! Sorry to hear about the appendix.

Hope you heal quickly and get this all behind you. And you get something to get you back out on the trails again.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks Scootergptx: as far as getting on the trails, I still have my 2000 Honda Foreman 450s. That bike along with my other Honda, has never had any issues what so ever. Change oil, air cleaner, new battery about every 4 years and its always been good to go. I thought I needed the extra power the king quad had over the Rincon. I should have never swayed away from Honda.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:46 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by x750kq
Thanks Scootergptx: as far as getting on the trails, I still have my 2000 Honda Foreman 450s. That bike along with my other Honda, has never had any issues what so ever. Change oil, air cleaner, new battery about every 4 years and its always been good to go. I thought I needed the extra power the king quad had over the Rincon. I should have never swayed away from Honda.
Great way to think and I agree word for word except for me, substitute Honda for Suzuki. DOH! Not trying to make light of your situation but I do think the cr@ppiness that went into your bike was the exception. The way that suzuki, treats it's warranty claims, well, maybe not so much. Get well soon.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TLC

And THAT is why we all have to pay more for insurance than we should. TLC, no offense, but you're advise is idiotic and something that only someone with no backbone would consider doing. He has an extremely valid claim against Suzuki that he will win. By doing ANYTHING that you've suggested in your posts would not only invalidate his legitimate claim, it would probably get him a nice big fine for insurance fraud. Maybe even a little jail time.

x750kq, very sorry to hear about your horrible experience with Suzuki and your dealer. Your dealer should be helping you in your fight against Suzuki. I'm a huge Suzuki die hard of their older quads, but I've never bought new, nor had to deal with corporate Suzuki. If I were in your shoes, I'd buy Honda again too if you've had that good of luck from them in the past, and I'd buy from a different dealer.

You will win this case. Get the Suzuki rep to come out again, this time with a lawyer present, and with the witness who saw the flames coming out of the muffler. Also contact your local news. The girl driving is very lucky to have gotten off before getting severly burned. Tell them the story and make sure where you bought it is mentioned. One way to force the dealers to start being on your side.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 01-31-2015, 01:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is obviously something that doesn't happen to every new King Quad, you just happened to be the unfortunate owner that got the defective unit. The dealer should have helped you replace it with another new King Quad. It clearly is a manufacturing defect and they should have been happy that you didn't get hurt and sue them for selling it. There has to be some sort of lemon law that can be utilized here. It could have happened with any new quad and even if this does get resolved and you get reimbursed or get a replacement quad, you will always equate Suzuki with poor quality. I hope they make it right one way or the other. Good luck.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

I think we can all agree that insurance fraud is not the answer.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:25 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

You know the easy way to get your dealer and Suzuki's attention and usually get a quick resolution.. Call your local newspaper and have then do your story complete with pictures. Then once they print post it on FB and whatever forum you frequent. I know a few people that have had warranty issues on things and done that. Amazing how fast they jump when the media takes over and they are at risk of loosing thousands of sales.

Quick Reply: Don't buy Suzuki