Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

lt250s carb bogs with throttle

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt250s carb bogs with throttle

Picked up an lt250s for $260 with a cracked magneto cover and completely frozen, oxidized carb. Fixed the cover and tore the carb apart, soaked it in acid, and rebuilt it with the same jets and everything. Im having trouble with the carb now. The bowl was overflowing out of the drain so i adjusted the float. Now thats fixed but it still overflows if i shake the atv but i can fix that. My issue is that i cant get it to run right. It runs good with the choke but wont without it. If i give it throttle itll bog down. Every now and then i can get it runnin so i can ride it around a bit but then it will eventually die. Its definately a fuel delivery problem but all of the jets are clean so im lost. Im about done with this carb and ready to buy a new one. Im looking for advice on my current carb and also replacements that will work. Cheap is my main concern. Any help is much appreciated thanks

Old 11-11-2014, 11:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Air fuel is clogged remove the screw and blast inside with carb cleaner before you tear it apart again. I had the same kind of problem with my sons quad and it fixed it but no promises

Old 11-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

I tried that and noticed that the o ring is shot. Tried putting a new one on but couldnt figure out how really. When i pulled it out the o ring was first in the hole. So screw>spring>o ring. But in the manual it shows screw>o ring> spring. I couldnt get it to screw in that way but could be that my o ring is too fat for it. I just used the smallest i had in my kit which is pretty damn small. Eventually i got it in there how the manual shows but its still bogging. Im going to try another acid bath soon