Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Water in my oil?!? Need help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 06:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in my oil?!? Need help.

Ok so I was just riding my Suzuki 400 quadsport and after about an hour it just quit, didn't die but didn't want to go any where real fast. After I killed it and let it cool for a while I started it again but it would just not go. I had gas so it wasn't that. I left it alone just sittin outside until the next day it was still doing the same thing. Finally I took it up to my grandpas shop and uncapped the oil and it started puking out. When I look at the oil now it has these clumped up particles in it. Water? Idk my antifreeze container is full. Gas? Maybe but it still has the same amount of gas as it did when it died and the oil is not overflowing anymore? It also doesn't want to run and from what I've heard I don't think I want to run it. What does this mean? Who wants to help me? I'd appreciate it.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:43 PM
Trailblazer

How long have you owned it? Has the oil ever been changed? What does the oil smell like? Usually water in oil will look milky, is it milky?

Old 01-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Burnpile230s
How long have you owned it? Has the oil ever been changed? What does the oil smell like? Usually water in oil will look milky, is it milky?
Its used but when I bought it they changed all that and it's not really milky just has black clumps in it. and I don't know what it smells like because I don't know what regular oil smells like. But thanks.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:51 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Lil' Ross
Its used but when I bought it they changed all that and it's not really milky just has black clumps in it. and I don't know what it smells like because I don't know what regular oil smells like. But thanks.
How long has it been since the oil was changed? Does the oil smell burnt, have like a smokey smell? What you are describing, loss of power, clumpy black oil, sounds like you needed an oil change a long time ago and have possibly cooked your engine, that's why I'm asking. Honestly, if you don't know what oil smells like then you should probably just take it to a shop and let them deal with it. It doesn't sound like you have the experience to work on an engine and that's ok, you are at least resourceful enough to find this forum first!

Old 01-23-2015, 09:21 AM
Trailblazer

Water will not cause it to be black chunks in there. Like said above in an engine water mixes with oil very well and turns it into a milk shake type color. Gas mixes with oil very well make it more runny. Neither would cause it to get chunky at all. Sounds like maybe an oil flush is needed, but if those chunks have already clogged any of the oil ports damage could be bad. I would change the oil filter and oil and if easy pull the oil pump and inspect it. Then give it a shot. Just because the previous owners said the changed it does not mean they did, but they could have and what you are seeing is sludge breaking free. Auto stores should sell an oil flush, put it in the engine with the oil run it till the engine is warm then drain it. Helps break up built up sludge. If this is a real nice machine a shop might be your best bet, but be careful and make sure it is a respectable one, this is a situation where a crooked one can try and take advantage of you and charge you a bundle to flush it out.