Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Pics of some older yellow / blue Suzuki's

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about that Burnpile. You're not the first to have that happen when getting a glimpse of my virgin twins, especially the pic of her rearend! Here’s another pic from under her skirt that should get your blood rushing some more (NOTHING has been repainted on this bike BTW.):

Name:  IMG_5386.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  118.9 KB

I bought the storage racks from a local distributor of new and used shelving. I now have much more of it in a large separate garage that I'm building which will eventually be the new home for most of my ATV’s. They will have a little more space and a nifty way to get up and down out of their bunk beds. 

The ’88 zilla that I used to actually ride a couple times a year is the one that I clocked on pavement several years ago hitting about 81 mph. When I say stock, I mean with stock everything and running like a stock one should. I chimed in on some top speed threads about it years ago on this forum. Nowadays, most zilla’s don’t even run as good as a mint stock one, despite the owners “modifying” them. People who actually know how to modify these correctly are far and few in between IMO. In my experience, the first and hardest part to building a nice running zilla is to get it running as good as it did when it rolled off the assembly line. Then you can start talking about modifying them for more speed if you’re still not satisfied.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

One more for the night:

Name:  IMG_5347.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  104.6 KB

Old 03-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Yagerzzz, I cannot agree with you more. Many DO hinder their machines once they begin to modify them. I also cannot count the times that I have been told or read that somebody had a completely stock quad, ranging from 250s up to 700s that do 90+ mph. Please! Even a highly modified quad would be hard pressed to run at these speeds. Now obviously there are ATVs set up for desert races that are specifically built for these top speeds, but such an ATV is well beyond most of out budgets. And for YOU, the owner of THE FASTEST production factory quad ever made, to announce an 81 mph top speed should confirm how ridiculous all these other claims are. I ride mostly 4-strokes now because I am lazy...don't want to mix fuel, and I love electric start and reverse, but I have been keeping my eyes open for a good deal on a Quadzilla.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

Here's another pic from years ago. The two '88 zilla's in this pic are the same one's that are on the shelf now in the current photos. The LT80 is also the same bike, but this was before it was rebuilt and got a Moore power plant in it.

The other zilla (It's an '89 with '87 plastic on it) and the two LT250R's in the photo are not in the more recent photos. That zilla and one of the 250's are my brothers. The other 250 is mine. I still have it, but it is not in the more recent photos.

Name:  DSCN4677_itA_003.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  115.1 KB

Old 03-26-2015, 03:43 PM
Range Rover

What Moore motor package did you get? Stage II or full race.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I'm not really sure what his stage II is. It's a full on race engine with all the tips/tricks that Jack did back in 2008. At the time, I don't think he advertised any stages. He just made them all go really really fast! The only thing I didn't have done is a lightened flywheel. I tore my motor down because I had to replace my lower rod bearing. Since I had it torn down that far, I decided to soup it up. I contacted Jack and sent him all my necessary engine parts (head, cylinder, new piston kit, front and rear clutch assembly, carburetor). He bored my cylinder to match the new piston, replaced some worn parts and worked his magic on the rest (port work on the cylinder, piston, and intake reeds, shaved head, carb mods and jetting, major front and rear clutch work to name some of what he did). He shipped them back along with a few new parts for me to use on reassembly. Jack gave me some special instructions and tips/tricks when reassembling. The motor absolutely screamed when I got it back together.

Anymore, I don't know if Jack likes to let others reassemble their motors because some people apparently have had problems doing some of his mods correctly (like advancing the timing for example). But I had absolutely no problems with mine whatsoever. I'm very particular when i put stuff back together though. I clean things like a surgeon, and I keep a torque wrench and locktight by my side at all times.

The only issue I ever had with mine running was that the spark plug cap would vibrate so much, it would wear a groove into the top plug connector, and it would eventually quit running. I temporarily fixed the issue by putting a very small bungee strap over the plug boot. I now permanently fixed it by putting a differnt kind of spark plug boot on that allows me to leave the screw on terminal post on. Problem solved. I'm also running two head gaskets. The clearance of the piston and head was so tight after the head was shaved, I did this for comfort/ease of mind. It still had TONS more compresssion than stock.

I'm currently rebuilding this quad for my younger son. It will be even more trick now with some suspension upgrades and a new race axle. I'll be taking some video's of it over the next couple of months. I'll do a write up on the mods that I've done to this bike without going into too much of the detail of Jack's engine work since that his trade secret. He can tell you that stuff if he wants to. But let me tell you, after disassembling the front clutch system for maintenance, he does a lot more than just removing half of the rollers! Let's just say I've got his autograph on several parts of this machine!

Old 03-31-2015, 06:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

simply amazing, your collection is stunning.....