Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

New to atv's

Old 06-18-2015, 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to atv's

New to atv's,but I always like old stuff,the more mechanical and less electronic - the better,my Harley is a 77 my Landcruiser is a 78,and now I have ,Ithink ,an 85 lt230 s,I has a 5 speed/ w reverse,does not run,but can( my bud tool' me that when he sold it to me(?!&😅😂&#128540! It does turn over it does spark,,and it rolls if I push it,so I got something to be proud of,right?he also burned rubber gettin out of here.(I actually did not pay him the $100 yet so quit smiling,)the brakes don't work ,the fronts might but the back cylinder is just a lump of rustas are the rear reservoir screws- no slots left there,,all in all it seems like a project befitting my entry into this field of endeavor-I'll be looking for help,!i'm up to it I,I got wrenches, torches,and big hammers and a sand blaster,I just know ero point shizxt about these things(atv's)a factory manual or Cymers is first meanwhile while waitin I will try to get a bang out.of it, well,that's what I got,thanks for listening and any help you can give.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome! Sounds like you will be ok. I would look to get a repair manual, they are helpful beyond measure. These are fairly simple to work on if you have a little experience. I think the most difficult part may be sourcing certain parts. An 86 lt230 was my first quad, loved that little guy, wish I would have kept it now.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Welcome to the forums.
"I got wrenches, torches,and big hammers"
Now THAT's funny!.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I make it a point to have a manual for every vehicle I own,I own 3 for my 77 sporty,one is the factory manual and is 40 years old,as is a Chilton's that is for many other bikes also and a nwer Clymer's ,sometimes reading two manuals will help clear up something that one manual did not quit make sense at.the factory manual is pretty rough and I might have to get another!