Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Thoughts on a rolled 2013 king quad 750 AXi?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 08:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on a rolled 2013 king quad 750 AXi?

looking at a used & rolled 2013 king quad 750 axi 4x4 NON-EPS. I'm aware that these are very good machines and am interested in it for a fun trail quad for the weekends. it's an extremely low-hour low-mile machine, camo in color and has upgraded wheels and trail tires. racks are broken, front bumper and grille section is completely missing. the pictures should outline this and maybe you guys can help outline the parts it will need better than I can. I've always rode Polaris so I'm not familiar with this machine and its parts...but from what I can tell there is a bit of cosmetics missing from this machine.
From what I have found, the entire front grille assembly can be had for about 100 bucks all-in. the front and rear racks are about 150 each. the camo front end is about 230 if needing replacement.

The front right wheel is pushed back a bit in comparison to the left side. He doesn't think it involves a bent frame, but he hasn't had it checked out either. I wouldn't think that the frame might be bent, but instead the A-Arms would take the beating... I've heard these machines have stout frames. IF it does have a bent frame I do have access to a frame pulling machine, as well as welding machines and MPI tools to inspect the welds if needed.....but would rather not have to do all of that.

If it's just the suspension equipment needing replacement, we're looking at about 400 give or take 100 in parts to replace that one corner.

The machine starts and runs perfectly fine.. The complete driveline is in fine working shape too.

He's asking 2700 for the machine, though there is room to work if I find that the machine DOES have a bent frame when I come inspect it.

What do you gents think? I'm very mechanically inclined and would have no problem doing all of the work, in fact I might even enjoy doing it all. I certainly wouldn't half-*** it and leave myself with an unsafe machine. But I'm not sure if this is a machine worth even looking at in this condition. I currently am riding a sportsman xp 1000 and love it, but there's always room for another in the stable.

Thoughts on a rolled 2013 king quad 750 AXi?-auiixov.jpg
Thoughts on a rolled 2013 king quad 750 AXi?-llaati5.jpg
Thoughts on a rolled 2013 king quad 750 AXi?-tily42v.jpg
Thoughts on a rolled 2013 king quad 750 AXi?-kysau6l.jpg

Old 08-14-2015, 02:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

"I've heard these machines have stout frames." You've heard wrong. The 750 does seem better than the 700, though they look identical, but the 700 and 450 had the weakest frame of any utility bike I've come across. Check the lower frame tubes behind the rear anti roll bar brackets, and the frame tube behind the "bent" front A arm mounting.

Check with on line spares lists for prices, Suzuki parts can be eye-wateringly expensive. On the plus side the 500/750 is one of the most comfortable Quads, and pretty reliable provided you feed it clean fuel. We sold quite a few 450s and a few 500s and 700s and the owners all liked them, some are on their second one. Only one has gone back to Honda, a Rubicon, because of frame problems with his 450, and he thinks the Suzuki would go through slippery terrain better and towed better too.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

hmm. Shame to hear that.

In that case, what would this quad be worth to you? Is his 2700 obo pricing fair?(I plan to aim lower) Bear in mind that I would fix it up completely and correctly. Ive already priced out nearly all parts I can find in the pictures that are broken. With replacing the parts it still comes up FAR cheaper than buying a used 2013 KQ 750 with substantially higher hours and miles, which makes things a bit interesting.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:29 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Some times they make it through. Last weekend my friend rolled his 450 Grizzly It flip side ways three times. Lucky he was thrown clear and not hurt.
The ATV just had a toed out front wheel . Turned out to be one bent tie rod. It was only $80 for a new rod and a half an hour to change and the ATV runs great now.

Maybe this one got lucky also. You will have to see it person.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, since you have access to the tools to make it right, it sounds like it might be a good deal for you. Hopefully just the arms are bent on that one side. It looks like at least the mounts for the plastics are hosed, but since the plastic doesn't look cracked you may get out lucky there too. I would likely go for it if the situation were right. Heck, with those wheels and tires you could probably make money parting it out if you could get it for under 2k.

Old 08-20-2015, 02:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

By coincidence, I've just got a 500KQ in for repair with the LH front wheel bent back. The lower A arm was bent and I have fixed it, however the top arm looks OK but is back, I suspect the frame has bent. Now that the bottom arm is OK, it won't steer. This is not going to be easy to fix.

Old 08-20-2015, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider
Can't wait to feel that 130 HP at the dunes.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My buddy bought a new Vinson back in 02. It had 37 miles on it and he rolled in into a deep ditch. Front right tire was pushed back about 4". Took it too a dealer to have fixed. They replace lower a-arm and ball joint at $450.00. Went to pick it up and tire was still back 4". Told him frame was bent and couldn't fix it unless frame was replaced.
I brought it home to see what I could do with it. I cut the lower A-arm in the middle. It was hollow so I put a solid the bar in it, put all the weight on the Quad and set it up straight. Welded the bar in. A-arm ended up about 2" longer on the bottom. He is still riding it 13 yrs. later. It drives straight and never wears the tires.