Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

We Test the 2016 Kingquad 750

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 02:12 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default We Test the 2016 Kingquad 750

There can be only one king- and fortunately Suzuki brings the royal treatment to the 2016 Kingquad 750. We've got the full review here:

ATV Test: 2016 Suzuki Kingquad 750 AXi - ATVConnection.com

Old 11-11-2015, 06:56 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kingquad

Originally Posted by ATVC Correspondent

There can be only one king- and fortunately Suzuki brings the royal treatment to the 2016 Kingquad 750. We've got the full review here:

ATV Test: 2016 Suzuki Kingquad 750 AXi - ATVConnection.com
at or near the top of the list in all catagories ! ride them all on blacktop before buying one, just for comparison.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:02 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

What can a smooth blacktop tell you? A bicycle has a nice ride on pavement.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I agree TLC....What in the world was that guy thinking when he decided to share his opinion on how he test rides machines.

Old 11-12-2015, 01:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Regardless of where you ride it, nothing new to report here. No twin cylinder option, just the same 722cc single that was slower than the old Grizzly 700. The one advantage of a single cylinder is good bottom end torque but Suzuki somehow didn't think anyone would want that. Smooth power delivery=slow. I can't see buying one, so many better options out there for the same or less money. Only diehard Suzuki fans will get it if you can even find a Suzuki dealer, none near me. The only news was something they removed, the handlebar mounted 3rd light that was universally liked. Not exactly a great move. They needed to come up with something exciting and new to attract new buyers. This won't do it.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

If you think a 750KQ is slow, try riding one. Most quads over 500cc are too fast for their tyres, hit a bump with quad tyres at speed and the machine goes where it wants because it takes off. The only place a quad is safe at speed is a dead smooth road, where any cheap car can beat them. The power is for towing and climbing steep slopes, both of which King Quads are good at.

The 750 motor is about the highest tech engine out there, twin spark, EFI, catalyst and teflon coated cylinder. All good reasons not to buy one in my opinion, but it is "exiting" for those who think "advanced" is better.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Its a good quad but too expensive for what it is. The new Grizzly 700 falls in that category as well. Both are overpriced. But Suzuki can't win back any market share without thinking a bit "outside the box". They're falling way behind all the others in sales and building the same quad for 2016 won't help that. Yamaha at least has the Kodiak 700 as a less expensive 700cc option, which costs less than the King Quad 500. Suzuki is not Honda. They can't overprice underpowered machines and get people to buy them because of a reputation for reliability, Suzuki hasn't established that kind of trust. They need to either offer more budget models or go all in on performance and try to compete with Can-Am and Polaris.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

If you are making a good quad, it is far better to keep on making it than change for changes sake, that way you often replace a "best seller" with a "lemon". Honda did that a few years back, replacing the 350 with the 420 which was a lot more complex, had a basic design fault, and the only improvement worth anything was the 2/4WD lever, which could have been fitted to the 350 without much modification. Kawasaki's 360/400 belt drive range have never been as popular as the old 300KLF, in fact Kawasaki have just about "lost it" altogether, in the UK there are very few Kawasaki quad dealers left.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by greg74
Regardless of where you ride it, nothing new to report here. No twin cylinder option, just the same 722cc single that was slower than the old Grizzly 700. The one advantage of a single cylinder is good bottom end torque but Suzuki somehow didn't think anyone would want that. Smooth power delivery=slow. I can't see buying one, so many better options out there for the same or less money. Only diehard Suzuki fans will get it if you can even find a Suzuki dealer, none near me. The only news was something they removed, the handlebar mounted 3rd light that was universally liked. Not exactly a great move. They needed to come up with something exciting and new to attract new buyers. This won't do it.
I agree with most of this but I don't think the engine is the problem with the KQ. It's still larger than anything yamaha offers and it still makes more power - 50 vs the 708 grizzlys 46.
The KQ was actually the better machine up until this year and even now it's debateable. The New grizzly may be more astetically pleasing but in terms of features and performance, they still compete well together.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The problem is, the King Quad 750 is not a "best seller". Maybe for Suzuki but not compared to other similar models. I'm not saying its not a great machine but its not good enough to entice new buyers. The people who buy Suzukis are people who already owned Suzukis. The problem there is that not enough people own Suzukis to keep the company out of bankruptcy. That's the main reason they don't offer a side by side, they don't have the money to develop the machine. A 50" model with the 750 engine would be a great seller if they put the money into making one. As far as making more power than the Grizzly, maybe slightly more but its clutching is so mellow that the Grizzly feels more powerful. Even the 686cc Grizzly was quicker than the King Quad 750. I bet the 660 wouldn't be far behind either with its 14 year old engine technology. Yamaha is similar to Honda in that people will accept a little less power in exchange for better reliability. I do think a twin cylinder is coming for the Grizzly and Wolverine within the next 2 years, its a far overdue power upgrade. The 708cc engine I believe is a bridge to the more powerful engine and will be demoted to base engine status then.

Quick Reply: We Test the 2016 Kingquad 750