Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

03 LT-A50 top end rebuilt wont run

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 05:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmr
I just ordered a new carb off ebay to rule out any carb issues.
That motor was used for decades in scooters all over asia. Its most likely a china knock off and the jetting will be different. May want to check it over before install. So far the china engine kit is working just fine for my sons 50. In fact, just got in from riding, my son pretty much rides it wide open throttle unless he is turning.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:50 AM
jmr
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by powersportsveteran
That motor was used for decades in scooters all over asia. Its most likely a china knock off and the jetting will be different. May want to check it over before install. So far the china engine kit is working just fine for my sons 50. In fact, just got in from riding, my son pretty much rides it wide open throttle unless he is turning.
Ok so you just keep petcock on pri and never had to install a nipple on intake for vacuum to petcock?

Old 08-29-2016, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pulse draws the fuel from the carb (think vacuum)...weak pulse will mean little or no fuel...if the pulse is very weak normally that points to a cylinder base gasket or a crank seal being bad (sucking air from somewhere else other than through carb)...hopefully this is not the case as you just ordered a new carb...

I'd also check the intake and ensure nothing is amiss there...

Old 08-29-2016, 05:23 PM
jmr
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by DirtDevil101
The pulse draws the fuel from the carb (think vacuum)...weak pulse will mean little or no fuel...if the pulse is very weak normally that points to a cylinder base gasket or a crank seal being bad (sucking air from somewhere else other than through carb)...hopefully this is not the case as you just ordered a new carb...

I'd also check the intake and ensure nothing is amiss there...
Ok well i dont think its a bad cylinder base gasket cause that was replaced. But maybe its a bad crank seal.. Dosnt seem like it could really produce much of a draw sense it has no reed valves anyway but i guess if the carb dosnt fix it its either the generator slipped timing or a bad seal not drawing enough..

Old 08-29-2016, 07:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by jmr
Ok so you just keep petcock on pri and never had to install a nipple on intake for vacuum to petcock?
Yes, It works just fine in prime. Its just like keeping a petcock in the ON position, if the float is working correctly the motor will not flood or leak fuel, unless you are standing it strait up to load it in your pickup. My trailer will be done Friday, so I wont have to worry about that any more.

Old 08-30-2016, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If no reed cage then it's piston port...common on older 2-stroke sleds...but same principle...the air/fuel mixture still needs to be drawn into the cylinder...lots of vids on how 2-strokes work...very efficient...

Old 09-25-2016, 01:34 PM
jmr
Weekend Warrior

Ok well no luck with carb. Its the exact same. Only fires for a few seconds with starting fluid sprayed directly in cylinder with exhaust removed.. noticed when it does fire air is coming out of the pull started area cause i can see the fibers moving on the rope.. must be a internal leak. Gona have to tear it all down to replace gaskets and seals i guess. Anybody recommend any good web sites to buy those?

Old 09-26-2016, 08:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I use Suzuki parts. No problems.