Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

Tao Tao 110cc will not start

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 12:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tao Tao 110cc will not start

Battery is okBrake is set and allows start switch to work
Fuse is good
Red and green or positive and ground are tightly connected
The lanyard is in place and allows the starting signal to go al the way to what sounds like a relay.
All I get is a clicking sound similar to turning a key over for a car or truck but the starter doesn't engage.
Am I missing another segment in start process?

Old 01-27-2015, 06:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by extremeamateur
Battery is okBrake is set and allows start switch to work
Fuse is good
Red and green or positive and ground are tightly connected
The lanyard is in place and allows the starting signal to go al the way to what sounds like a relay.
All I get is a clicking sound similar to turning a key over for a car or truck but the starter doesn't engage.
Am I missing another segment in start process?
Tested battery and battery wouldn't hold a charge above 10.5. Replaced battery. Drained gas tank. Put new gas in tank. Starter turns over great! No engine start though. What to do next?

Old 02-15-2015, 07:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default TaoTao starting issues

I am having issues getting my daughters 4 wheeler to start! It sat for about a month while the weather was too cold, put fresh gas in charged battery and tried to start and it wont. It will turn over fine but no fire to the plug, i have already replaced to ignition switch, solenoid, coil, and the and the starter relay and new battery and changed the fuse. the brake was pressed in and the seat safety switch is in. Will crank over fine just not starting up! Got any other ideas????

Old 03-14-2015, 08:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by hkwillyard
I am having issues getting my daughters 4 wheeler to start! It sat for about a month while the weather was too cold, put fresh gas in charged battery and tried to start and it wont. It will turn over fine but no fire to the plug, i have already replaced to ignition switch, solenoid, coil, and the and the starter relay and new battery and changed the fuse. the brake was pressed in and the seat safety switch is in. Will crank over fine just not starting up! Got any other ideas????
Have you checked or replaced the Cdi ?

Old 03-14-2015, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Noodle's
Have you checked or replaced the Cdi ?
Where would I find that at? Or whats it look like?

Old 03-15-2015, 09:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've just learned some of this trouble shooting recently trying to fix one like urs for nephew, the Cdi is located on a little bar under seat u can see it and remove it with plastic on if it's a 5 pin setup the center wire I believe is the wire that runs the kill switch and safety switches there is ways to test that but u will have to research it,however it is cheap and easy to replace but pull it off and make sure u order the correct one,the hot wire to coil comes off of this box, I really don't know much but I hope this helps