Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

Carburetor jetting problem? Check here

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carburetor jetting problem? Check here

Seems like people have regular carb jetting problems as the most common problem with ATV's, I know I get a lot of questions directed my way about it. Below are some possibly helpful videos and articles for those that want to diagnose the problem themselves.

First off I find most problems start with a less than clean fuel system. This is especially true with machines that have been sitting for 6 months or more. Also the smaller the carburetor the more sensitive it is to fine particles of dirt or debris from a fill up at the track or trail can affect the carburetor. This is one of the first things to be done before trying to diagnose any other fuel related problem.

Fuel System Cleaning

Next is to properly dis-assemble the carburetor, check and re-set it back to the factory specifications. You WILL need a service manual for this, so go buy one.

Before major testing for other jetting problems first it is helpful to just focust on the idle mixture adjustment so the machine will run at idle speed first.

After that it would be time to evaluate the rest of the range of jetting from off idle to wide open throttle. Here is a good breakdown of how to pin point where in the range of throttle openings the jetting problem is and what components of the carburetor may need adjustment.

Carburetor jetting and testing, an explanation of the parts.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts