Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

Vent on TRV 550 Arctic Cat 2009

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 06:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vent on TRV 550 Arctic Cat 2009

Hello, new to the forum and atv owner. My wheeler has been giving me issues about starting up, it would either not kick over or start and then due right away. Once I get it running it runs fine, had it running over an hour the other day.

I looked underneath the atv and noticed 2 cylinders coming out of the gas tank. The top one had no hose on it and the bottom one had a cracked hose. Any idea what the 2 hoses were supposed to connect to? Not sure if that is even the problem.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

First download a parts manual from <mymowerparts.com> Any cracked hoses should be replaced. You can probably download a service manual there too. If you don't have a local dealer, try <CountryCat.com> They are very helpful if you have a question, just give em a call. If you have any question of the cleanliness of the gas tank, remove it and dump the contents into a clean 5 gallon bucket. When I bought my old AC 500, it gave me fits. After dumping the tank, I discovered,a mouse must have built a nest in there! At least a cup of grungy black stuff came out. If yours was second hand, you never know what happened before. BTW, you may have a reserve gas line that is not hooked up. Both of my gas AC's have a reserve switch on the side= R, ON, AND Off.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you! I am trying to attach a picture and this weekend I will jack her up and take a look underneath after I reviewed the manual.

Attached Thumbnails Vent on TRV 550 Arctic Cat 2009-atv.jpg  
Old 03-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

Curiosity got the best of me and I looked at the manual for her, yikes. They couldn't have made it anymore complicated! Probably to keep up with emissions standards. 2 fuel filters, heck my 2001 and 2002's didn't have any, I actually added 1. I still don't know how it vents, but I guess it must. Still, those TRV's are excellent ATV's. My 700 Diesel is based on that chassis. Look familiar?

Attached Thumbnails Vent on TRV 550 Arctic Cat 2009-p1010181.jpg