Sportsman XP Black Diamond XTR tire and C7 Wheel Kit review.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Sportsman XP Black Diamond XTR tire and C7 Wheel Kit review.

We received our new 26" STI 6 ply tires & Custom offset 14" wheels on Tuesday 8/20 and just had to test them that day. Wow what a good looking tire on wheel!! We loaded up the rig and my 2 sons and I were off by 6pm to Black River Falls WI. Our trip was a smooth one until abut 25 miles from BRF. We were cruising on the highway at about 70 mph when we lost engine power.

Talk about luck, I saw a off ramp to and was able to cost our 22000 lb righ to the end of it. After checking out the rig I had a strong feeling it was our fuel pump. I made several calls but no one was able to help us at 11.30 at night. So we made best of the situation. I pulled out the triangle markers, placed them behind the rig and decided to camp there for the night.

Next morning we woke and found a gas station which was walking distance. On my way there a car stopped and the gentleman asked if we needed help. He gave me a number of a local mechanic and with in 20 minutes he arrived. He then went back and got his 1 ton tuck, pulled us to the station and did the repair there. It was bad wire! About a hour later we were on the road again. Made it to Hatfield / Russell Park camp ground by 10 am!

Guys working on the rig.

By 11 we were on the trail. First thing I noticed was how well these tires grip. No matter how fast you turn, in sand, gravel & dirt the turn on the spot. No lag time. The tread pattern is aggressive however very smooth to ride on, even on black top. I ran the tires at 2.5 psi all the way around and found this is the best setting. I then took them to a trail west of Merrillan and found lots of mud. These tires did great in the deep mud. Not once did I have to put the quad in 4wd. The mud spray was not as bad as it would be with the standard aftermarket wheel offset. I did get some mud on the corner of the fenders but it was not much at all vs the mud showers I would get with the ITP wheels I tested last year.

Not too much mud after a hard days ride!

We then met up with a single rider on a 2011 Sportsman 500 in Rock Dam Park. My 5 year old Espen asked him if he wanted to ride back with us and he said yes. This guy could ride. I was very impressed how he was able to keep up in the turns. After about a hour on the trail he asked me about the tires. He was so impressed to see how I was able to take the turns with a rider on the back. He was amazed on how well my quad took the turns. He said he was sliding while I had full grip all the time.

Espen with our popular ATV helmet. (He looks like a little Darth Vader!)

We did a total of 227 miles and I was very pleased with our new tire & wheel kit. It made the already trail perfect 850XP even better! When mounted on my 850XP with over 3K miles the fronts are right at 50" and the rears at 50.5. I have my shocks at the max setting and have the extra weight of a Guru bumper, 2 full one gallon fuel packs, Warn XT 30 winch & our belt busted took kit (which I used the first day when I blew a belt). In the rear I have a Guru bumper, our 3 in 1 ATVSuperStore hitch and our Sportsman/Sportsman XP rear lock and ride box/seat which was loaded with a heavy tow belt, 8 bottles of water, 2 rain suites, extra cloths for me and my 2 boys, trail compressor, some extra tools and our fender guard & foot peg kit. Even on a 50 inch gate you can just pull up the rear of quad and you should be fine getting through.

For anyone looking for another wheel & tires option this new kit is awesome! Any question about this or any other product we sell feel free to call the shop and ask for Thor. Remember we test what we sell & only sell the best! This new STI Black Diamond XTR tire and C7 wheel is is TheATVSuperStore approved! We have kits ready to ship for both the Sportsman XP and Sportsman Classic!

26" STI Black Diamond With 14" STI C7 Wheel package

Old 04-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Nice write up.

Good to hear the repair on the RV was quick and easy. Tires look really good too.

Like the pegs you have for the son. You might want to post pics of those in another thread so others can see what you did.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Great review.