Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

2004 Weekend Warrior Toyhauler..I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Weekend Warrior Toyhauler..I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!

Thanks Nicklet & Nickli
I'll give RV Town a shout on Monday And talk to Ryan and see if there's anything he can do to get Weekend Warrior to step up and back-up there claim that they sell a FIRST RATE toyhauler. This is such an easy thing to fix, but Weekend Warrior seem to think I should have to pay for it, Thats wrong IMO. Aluminum panels should not be cracking and splitting as new as this toy hauler is IMO......Jim [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2004, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

Jim, I agree with all I hear on this thread!! I wish I had more input other than be Nice, and persistant, work your way up the food chain and take notes.

My experience with other things is to use their own words, and ask them to back up their product!

Good Luck!!

Old 09-12-2004, 01:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

Originally posted by: Nickli
Jim,

Heres what has transpired so far with our 2005 Weekend Warrier and I an actually telling everyone I know who is lookig for one to go to the same place we went. Its RV Town un Hiway 99 betwen Everett and Lynnwood. Ill tell you how we were treated. First when we were dickering for the price, They were asking 22000 on the window sticker. I ended up getting them down under 18000. THEN, I started asking for goodies. 1. Pull out the Microwave and put in a Gas Oven 2. Equip it with all the necessary equipment my truck would need for towing it. They did both. The day I brought it home, I noticed a small scratch in the skin and called them right back and told them to make a note of it in my file. The ovens were on back order until this weekend. By the way, like berta said, the 2005 has a 2 yr warrenty. I dropped mine off last Saturday and they called me Wed and said it was ready. At that time they asked me if Id like them to install a light where the scratch was. I figured what the heck. It was high enough, Theres a storage box under it, who knows, I may need light there. So, today when I went to pick it up, all was done. And Id recommend them to anyone. Their phone # is 425-710-0160 and the service manager, is Ryan. They've treated us very well. It may be worth giving them a call.
That store rocks. I have no new info. now. Nick and Berta stole my idea.

Old 09-12-2004, 01:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey BigD,

I'm sure you remember back to some of my earlier posts about customer service.
CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NUMBER ONE.
Athough I do subscribe to the theory that the customer is not necessarily "always" right. There are some moochers and cheats out there that should not be accommodated.
I understand warranties are only good for a specific time. When they run out, the customer is generally SOL and we all have to live with that fact.
Issues that come up after warranties expire happen for numerous reasons. But if somebody has a complaint or issue after the expiration, within a reasonable time frame of course, the company should be courteous enough to talk to them and help the CUSTOMER figure what the problem is. That is their job as far as I am concerned.
They (manufacturer and business's) deal with this stuff enough, they certainly can tell when somebody is just trying to take advantage of them or slip something by. We all know there are lots of people out there that try to do it. They lie and make stuff up.

BUT BUT BUT, they should at least take the time to listen to people and help those that have legitimate issues.

What a crock of a situation you are in?
Only being 1 yr 5 months old, there is no doubt the manufacturer should buck up and back their product.
They should take the time to listen to your problem and concerns, look at the trailer, and help figure out what is causing the problem. Then work with you to do what they can to help make it right.
They should absolutely not just blow you off.
I still like the Les Schwab commercial where the lil ol' lady throws the tire through the window.
Maybe you can back the trailer through the front of there building and park it in the Manager/Owners office for him to fix it for you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Anyway, enough rambling from me.
Hang in there, and give 'em hell.

Old 09-12-2004, 01:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

HERE IS A PARAGRAPH FROM THEIR WEBSITE..............

"As pioneers in this industry, Weekend Warrior has set the standard for combining utility, quality, comfort, and style. Our commitment is to provide functional floor plans to hold heavy amounts of cargo and a balanced towing platform. <u>We always use the highest of quality components and materials, to insure reliability and comfort for our customers. </u> We work with our customers to build units that will fit their needs of cargo space, and have the perfect amount of luxury interior amenities you expect from a high line recreational trailer."

Old 09-12-2004, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

Jim,

I think you are way better off dealing with the store you bought it from. The store you bought it from is representing Weekend Warrior. Its their reputation that will be tarnished if word gets around that things arent right with your barely over a year old rig. The labor to fix it is something that shouldnt cost an arm and a leg and its their problem to get re-embursed from the manufactor. Its my understanding that that is how most warrenties work anyway. The local guy fixes it and the parent company pays them after they submit paperwork. Did you get it in Fife? just curious. If theres anything else I can do to help you with this dont be afaid to ask.

Old 09-12-2004, 02:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

I'm not sure what I can contribute that hasn't already been said...

The dealer can let you know who the regional rep. is. They're the ones with the $$$ for consumer loyalty. Typically the dealer repairs the coach, then sends in a warranty claim to get reimbursed for their expenses. The dealer may be reluctant to fix it out of warranty because the factory may not reimburse the claim. The dealer can contact the area rep. to get a decision on standing behind their product.

I'd track down the area rep. and have a chat with them in any case, just so you can be assured you get your concerns addressed. The dealer's hands are tied, unless they file your claim on someone else's coach.

If you get an estimate for the repair, you may be better off discussing the issue when dealing with actual $$$. The area rep. may find it easier/cheaper to pay for it than let it drag on.

That's only a $1.05 comment... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Good luck!

Old 09-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

"I do subscribe to the theory that the customer is not necessarily "always" right. There are some moochers and cheats out there that should not be accommodated."

Sean good points in your post, the above quote is just to clear the air; I'm not looking for anything for "free" My point is that CUSTOMER SERVICE is #1 for anything that you purchase or any job you do for someone, If i was to tell my customers "THEY WHERE OUT OF LUCK" (right or wrong) i'd be looking for work all the time, guess what i've been working for the same company for 15 years.

"They (manufacturer and business's) deal with this stuff enough, they certainly can tell when somebody is just trying to take advantage of them or slip something by. We all know there are lots of people out there that try to do it. They lie and make stuff up."

Again "good point" with the inspection that i've done; anyone can clearly see (If a W/W Rep. looked) that the bottom panel was pulled away from the coach and something was fixed, then the panel was reattached and re-nailed; the rest of the panel has staples in it "Not nails" this is where the panel was stressed and split at the seam, I can't help that it took 1year and 5 months for it to fail. I'm just asking Weekend warrior to make good on a manufacturing problem. if it was cheap materrials being used there would be allot more seams that where failing IMO.

Thanks again for all the responses with this issue...Jim [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2004, 10:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

BigD,

I apologize if it may have seemed that I may be questioning your situation, or at the very least casting a shadow over it. I know you were not saying that I was questioning your motives. But since you did defend yourself a little bit, I just want make sure you know I do back you 100%, no doubts [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

The Manufacturer needs to look at this situation and say,
"Oh my gosh, it looks like there is a problem here BigD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. We will do all we can to take care of you and get this fixed. We take pride in the quality of our product, it should hold up much better than that."

Those were general comments, because we all know there are those types of people out there.
Just my thoughts on why the manufacturers are, and have to be, a little leary about things.
They should definately lead credenence to those with legitimate issues and bend over backwards to make them right.
I agree Customer Service is number one. Except in those cases that is is blatantly obvious that somebody is just trying to bilk the company for their (customer) mistake, or something they should not be entitled to.
I know you are not trying to get something for free.

Then I thought, or hoped, that I specifically commented on your particular situation and why it appears to me they need to buck up and take care of you.

Keep on 'em baby [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2004, 05:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

"BigD, I apologize if it may have seemed that I may be questioning your situation"

Sean, NO apologys are necessary; your post have very valid points from both ends (theres & mine). I WILL with no doubt get this issue resolved "NO DOUBT" and if Weekend Warrior wants to retain a customer they will step-up and deal with me "WITH NO DOUBT"

Thanks again for taking the time. Jim [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 2004 Weekend Warrior Toyhauler..I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!