Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Car haulers to haul ATV's

Old 03-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a heads up on the enclosed trailer if you plan to load wheelers next to one another make sure measure the width on them. If you have aftermarket wheels most of the big 4x4 are wider than 50'' so you won't be able to get them in there. It happened to my uncles friend he just assumed he could load both wheelers. Not sure what type of wheelers you have.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Just an update on the projects. I sold the RX7 to my son. We found a buyer who absolutely could not live without the 944, tripled my money, so I let it go too. I am out of the owner business now. My son currently has the RX torn apart to paint the cage, and should be getting it back together as soon as the weather gets better. the only project I have right now is finally I am building my shed/workshop. Only 12x24, but it will do for now. (Plans on extending it by 12 ft already in the back of my mind. Just don't tell Mrs DB. Also, since we talked last, I had a nasty auto accident, totalled my caliber, had a stroke, and double bypass surgery. SO as you see, I have been busy...

Old 02-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

Well here we are a year has passed since the surgery and i am still working on the shed. I have bought a trailer though. Out of the blue, I got a wild hair and talked the Mrs into going to look at a toyhauler they were advertizing locally. Well, push come to shove, she fell in love with it and I couldn't say no. I got a 22 ft Raptor. Nice. Loaded, sleeps 6, has a fuel station in it etc. So my trailer issue is solved. It can haul 3 full sized machines which will only be for a while. The youngest graduates this year and Mom and Dad are looking forward to going riding on our own for once. Now I have three trailers in the driveway. Oh well. And yes I still am thinking about an open car hauler. Although the older son has sold his race shop, I continue to haul cars for him. 2 Porsches and the RX on several occasions. All using junk Uhaul trailers. Which has me looking at the open car hauler again... but I need to sell a couple trailers first. AHHH it is a never ending story......

Old 02-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Dune Rider
Which one of you is Pink?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DB-glad to see you back in action after a yearI was out a year too...but as you say it is a "never ending story" and trailers are a major part of the story.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider
Talking

thanks dunedragin. It was kind of dicey there for a while. Both Mrs. DB an I had stroke. I ended up having a double bypass. Sure is hell getting old. Mrs. DB and I are making plans for a trip to Hatfield McCoy after our youngest graduates from HS in June. Going to take the Raptor Toy hauler out for a shakedown cruise prior to making a visit to see Micky in Orlando and meeting up with the grandsons.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default PJ Trailer and E-Track Strips.

Hey DesertViper,
What is the brand of those E-Track strips you have?
They look pretty cool. Also, Recommended place to purchase?
I just purchased a 14 foot PJ Trailer, and and prepping it w/Tie downs, etc.
-Portland Randy

Old 04-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Trust, But Verify

I use a car hauler trailer. It is a steal deck 19' home made trailer with ramps that slide into the back. I can load my 850 and 360 front to rear and the kids sideways. I can also load all of them sideways and add another atv. I have a picture below in my signature.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

NO1, I am already everybody's best friend. I have a Cummins Diesel. Nuff said. My son has a Porsche race car shop and we pull cars all the time for the shop. And then there is is personal car. We have always just rented or borrowed several friend's trailers and frankly there have been a few that I just do not trust. I don't want someone elses problems. I am not that worried about dragging the beaver tail. If you add rollers at the back edge, that will handle asphalt issues, then it is just pure muscle to handle the rough stuff off road. Which if it is that bad, I won't go there. But I have enough grunt to pull through with my truck if I do get over my head.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

So much has changed since I started this thread. I still have not bought that trailer. At this point, I need to unload my Toy Hauler (Raptor) to make room for anything else. I think I have found what I want. It is a 26 ft aluminum open car hauler, 10,000 GVWR, mag wheels and a front wind/rock guard. With this, I can load a new SxS and Jeep. The jeep can be replaced with ATV's to go with the SxS. And I have the best of both worlds.

But whoo hoo, I finished the shed. What a fricking monster that is. My oldest son came over with the goal of building it in one day. I had already built a strong enough base that I could park a semi on, and had built the walls in 8 ft sections so all we had to do was stand them up. So we went to work, got all the walls up and braced, the second floor on and that is where my helper bailed on me. wait, WTF. Here I am with a half built shed, worrying about the county coming by looking for a permit and he bails on me. So a few phone calls and I found a couple carpenters out of work willing to finish framing the roof and trimming it out. They did a great job. The shed is done. And my pocketbook was a couple grand lighter. Even felt froggy and had them do a deck out back of the house. (Yes I got a permit for that since it is attached to the house.) So I blew the wad of cash I had saved, but gained a monster shed and a deck. I painted it dark green by the way, so it blends in with the trees out back, just in case the county notices something different. I figure it has been there a year, so stature of limitations has to be running out... Besides I had a small shed that was permitted. I'll just tell the I let my teen ager do the measuring...and what, it is too big... well what do you think of that? It ain't coming down friend, can we discuss this over a cold one?