Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

my new home made atv trailer...

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 09:49 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaster94
you mean to tell me you don't have a local harbor freight store?

it's a right of passage to manhood to go to a harbor freight store!
lol!

yes- there's a HF about 30 miles away- but they don't carry any trailer axles in stock.
This guy is selling me this new one for 1/2 price
heading down at noon to pick it up.
I'm thinking the torsion axle will be nice because it's basically an independent suspension- should be a lot smoother on the road than the leaf springs.

crazy part is- I was only looking to buy two new 225 75 14 tires & rims for the trailer- but new each tire cost a minimum $160 each! plus I need new hubs with bearings. I was looking at spending $400 for tires & bearings

then I found the entire assembly new with everything for $250

I saved money

Old 03-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

BG that is awesome and it's looking great. oh, by the way, that HF statement was not aimed at you...but at our friend TRK because of his "fancy" statement. but i still got a laugh from your reply.
trailer is looking real good and glad you're saving money! never hurts to be thrifty/smart with one's money.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:10 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

BG that is awesome and it's looking great. oh, by the way, that HF statement was not aimed at you...but at our friend TRK because of his "fancy" statement. but i still got a laugh from your reply.
trailer is looking real good and glad you're saving money! never hurts to be thrifty/smart with one's money.

trk is too cheap to buy tires for his rims... he's a redneck- rubber is optional

Old 03-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
lol!

yes- there's a HF about 30 miles away- but they don't carry any trailer axles in stock.
This guy is selling me this new one for 1/2 price
heading down at noon to pick it up.
I'm thinking the torsion axle will be nice because it's basically an independent suspension- should be a lot smoother on the road than the leaf springs.

crazy part is- I was only looking to buy two new 225 75 14 tires & rims for the trailer- but new each tire cost a minimum $160 each! plus I need new hubs with bearings. I was looking at spending $400 for tires & bearings

then I found the entire assembly new with everything for $250

I saved money
Ah, you saved money by spending less than anticipated. You must work for the government.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Ah, you saved money by spending less than anticipated. You must work for the government.
moose, i think you got him confused with the govt. BG had a budget and stayed within its limits.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

moose, i think you got him confused with the govt. BG had a budget and stayed within its limits.
That's true.

On the stayed within its limits part, BG isn't so good at that, at least ride-wise. One day he'll learn that it's best to keep the wheels on the ground.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:00 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Old 03-16-2013, 02:02 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
That's true.

On the stayed within its limits part, BG isn't so good at that, at least ride-wise. One day he'll learn that it's best to keep the wheels on the ground.

-

Old 03-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

wheels on the ground, huh?.

BG claims sherlock Jaster94 is around so.....there must be a backstory somewhere that moose and BG are being tightlipped about.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:40 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

wheels on the ground, huh?.

BG claims sherlock Jaster94 is around so.....there must be a backstory somewhere that moose and BG are being tightlipped about.
secrete gov't anti gravity device that seems to be on all my atv's- and makes them tip very easily

I think that's all I'm allowed to say

crap- the lights just went out!.... I already said too much!

Quick Reply: my new home made atv trailer...