Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Pro's & Con's of ATV trailers

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 01:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would hope that most people would notice with this type of trailer that it loads and unloads from the side and wouldn't park right next to you so you can't safely unload it. I guess as long as they don't park on both sides of you, you're good as you can unload from either side. Worse case is you simply have to move the truck and trailer when you leave to be able to load your quads as someone might park next to you while you're out riding.

Old 10-25-2015, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Thanks. It's always good to hear a review of something new.
Thanks, I lurked ATVconnection.com before my purchase. The members here offered great info. I really think this is the ideal trailer for my needs.

Originally Posted by greg74
I would hope that most people would notice with this type of trailer that it loads and unloads from the side and wouldn't park right next to you so you can't safely unload it. I guess as long as they don't park on both sides of you, you're good as you can unload from either side. Worse case is you simply have to move the truck and trailer when you leave to be able to load your quads as someone might park next to you while you're out riding.
I don't put that much faith in the public so I park on the offense. I think pulling out is a great idea too, its saved me many

Old 10-26-2015, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

It wasn't too big an issue if you could back up the 8' to load from either side. I tried to find parking that was kind of like parallel parking and would unload and reload from the same side.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:45 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
It wasn't too big an issue if you could back up the 8' to load from either side. I tried to find parking that was kind of like parallel parking and would unload and reload from the same side.
never had a issue with people parking beside me. Most people are pretty respectful when they see the ramps hanging off the side (i always leave my ramps down when out riding so people know its a side load

Old 10-27-2015, 01:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unless you're in a very crowded riding spot, there's no need to park right next to anyone. Most people don't want to be right on top of another vehicle to give themselves plenty of room as well.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:17 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Zrock
never had a issue with people parking beside me. Most people are pretty respectful when they see the ramps hanging off the side (i always leave my ramps down when out riding so people know its a side load
I suppose nobody would actually steal the ramps, but I would be wondering when riding if they are safe. Most people aren't thieves, but you can quickly turn them into one.

Unless you're in a very crowded riding spot, there's no need to park right next to anyone. Most people don't want to be right on top of another vehicle to give themselves plenty of room as well.
Yes, there has still been lots of room every time.

Updated the trailer video, I must make a riding one next!!

Last edited by MooseHenden; 10-28-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Moose for fixing the post again - I think previewing the post before submitting has caused the duplicates?

Old 10-29-2015, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Mac
Thanks Moose for fixing the post again - I think previewing the post before submitting has caused the duplicates?
Not sure. You have to copy and paste the numbers and letters between or after the = sign on YouTube and put it between the brackets. I can't type it out because it will be looking for an actual video and leave a blank space. If you go into Edit on the post I fixed you can see the parameters.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:19 PM
Trailblazer

Not sure where I can edit the post to see your changes. In my experience on forums, after a pre-determined length of time, editing is closed to the OP. But I understand what you described

Old 12-24-2016, 12:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default That's why they have weight limits to load them to it.

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I had a side loading trailer and really liked it. Not quite like the one you're looking at though. That one looks pretty nice and would probably do the trick. Just be careful about load weight. Try to figure out how much quads would weigh with gas, gear, and quads. I would never load any trailer up to its limit.

every trailer I've ever had has done well over it "rated" weight capacity hell I've hauled 12k on a 5k trailer went 150 miles an no probs... Every trailer is rated way under its capabilities for safety

Quick Reply: Pro's & Con's of ATV trailers