Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Trailer for 4 ATV's(?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by greg74
Yeah, the tr has the ramps you can separate. The other model just has one wide ramp, I assume 4 ft wide. I have seen a few similar trailers like these locally on craigslist but its usually the 2 quad model like this one for $900 Triton Aluminum ATV Trailer and here's a similar one by a different manufacturer for $800 ATV/LAWN TRACTOR TRAILER. So not terribly expensive used but the larger ones are harder to find.

You got that right, not only harder too find but the price skyrockets up as well. I fellow at work is into snowmobiles and just bought a 4 place covered snowmobile trailer, all aluminum but whoa.....what a price tag!!

Old 06-22-2016, 12:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, still looking...prices are all over the place. Patience...

Old 06-23-2016, 10:55 AM
Trailblazer

Opinions on 16' vs. 18' car trailer? I believe four ATVs will fit on either. D.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd go with an 18' if I were buying a car trailer. Most atvs are 4 ft wide or less stock but add aftermarket wheels and tires and they can easily exceed 48". I think it would be better to have a little extra room left over than trying to cram that last one on there and it barely fitting. Plus you would have some room left over to haul other gear like gas cans and coolers too if the bed of the truck is full.

Old 06-23-2016, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer

I'm seeing used car trailers around $1,700+, new around $2,100+

Old 06-23-2016, 03:59 PM
Trailblazer

Question: When looking at used trailers, what should i be looking for besides cracked frame, bad wiring, tires...

How do I check to make sure brakes work?

Doug

Old 06-24-2016, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Daubs
Question: When looking at used trailers, what should i be looking for besides cracked frame, bad wiring, tires...

How do I check to make sure brakes work?

Doug
Take it for a spin. Some have inertial brakes that go on when you let off the gas. Others have an electrical system with adjustment from the cab.

Old 06-25-2016, 04:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Take it for a spin. Some have inertial brakes that go on when you let off the gas. Others have an electrical system with adjustment from the cab.
I doubt most people would let you take a trailer for a test drive. Too easy to steal it that way. Just have to look at the overal condition and take an educated guess on whether the brakes work or not.

Old 06-25-2016, 04:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Maybe if you know the seller really well, they might let you take it for a test drive. Might be hard to convince a stranger.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:01 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by greg74
I doubt most people would let you take a trailer for a test drive. Too easy to steal it that way. Just have to look at the overal condition and take an educated guess on whether the brakes work or not.
Thats why you ask the seller to come with you around the block.. If they refuse to do that then i guess they do not want a sale

One place to check for a trailer is the local car rentals like national. A buddy just picked a heavy duty one for less than the 6 new tires that came with it were worth

Quick Reply: Trailer for 4 ATV's(?)