Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Supercab

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Supercab

Looking at picking up a Polaris 850xp, can you fit it in the bed of the truck? Thanks, Troy

Old 04-17-2011, 12:22 PM
No Ruts, No Glory

Don't have any idea...."Supercab" just tells us the size of the cab, not the bed, and they vary by the year, make, and model.

You can find this information fairly easily on the internet...have you compared the size of your truck's bed with the dimensions of the 850?

Old 04-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Polaris lists the XP as being 83.25" long. Or 6'11.25" long. If you got a short bed it would not fit in with the tailgate up. You would need to have a truck with an 8' bed to completely fit it. Bumpers and winches add a couple inches too. I just got a Nissan Titan Crew Cab Long Bed. It's a weird 7'3" long bed but it's just about perfect for my needs. Not too long, not too short.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Range Rover

With the tailgate down you will be fine. I have an 8 foot box but have a tool box and tonneau cover and it fits the xp with the tailgate down with extra room.

Watch out if you add aftermarket wheels as the offset is different and it will make it wider and you will probably have to run over teh wheel wells.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonyxp
With the tailgate down you will be fine. I have an 8 foot box but have a tool box and tonneau cover .
just curious, why do people use/have tonneau covers? it's a truck for cryin out loud......if you cover the bed or want to lock something up, how about a suburban? expedition? excursion? tool box? cab? just curious..........
and corvette bumpers on a pick up? what?????!!!!! i still don't understand that one.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaster94
just curious, why do people use/have tonneau covers? it's a truck for cryin out loud......if you cover the bed or want to lock something up, how about a suburban? expedition? excursion? tool box? cab? just curious..........
and corvette bumpers on a pick up? what?????!!!!! i still don't understand that one.
We got a Ford Ranger with a cover on it for a rental vehicle one time. Needed to get some propane for the grill. With the bottle standing up, the lid wouldn't close.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
We got a Ford Ranger with a cover on it for a rental vehicle one time. Needed to get some propane for the grill. With the bottle standing up, the lid wouldn't close.
there ain't no way i'd haul propane covered or inside a vehicle. but yeah, i see what you mean.............i know, right?

Old 05-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i know this video is the extreme, but it ought to give you an idea about the explosiveness of a propane bleve.

YouTube - Train car explosion bleve

Old 05-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Range Rover

It is the soft roll up type. I still can put anything in the bed you can without one. However when on a road trip and it starts pouring the gear in the bed is still dry. Probaly not an issue it texas but it is nice with the snow to. I do agree with you on the solid lid tonneau covers. The only reason I stated it is when rolled up against the tool box it takes up about 3 inches. Purely preference but I like the way the roll up ones look.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Tonyxp
It is the soft roll up type. I still can put anything in the bed you can without one. However when on a road trip and it starts pouring the gear in the bed is still dry. Probaly not an issue it texas but it is nice with the snow to. I do agree with you on the solid lid tonneau covers. The only reason I stated it is when rolled up against the tool box it takes up about 3 inches. Purely preference but I like the way the roll up ones look.
Who makes your bed cover. I like the soft cover myself for the same reasons

Quick Reply: Ford Supercab