Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will my ATV and Bike fit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will my ATV and Bike fit?

I have a 1989 Chevy 1/2 ton truck with an 8' bed. I'm wondering if I can fit my 1995 Polaris 300 4x4 and a yz250f in the bed. Has anyone ever tried this?

Old 11-01-2011, 05:33 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you can do it- side by side...

but then again- I also squeezed a KQ 700 with plow into a 4' ford sport trak bed (that ford never did sit right after that )

Old 11-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Trailblazer

lol, nice. Fits like a glove.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

yeah itll fit, if not side by side you could put the bike in front or behind the quad. but im sure itll fit beside it. normally quads go between the wheel wells so you could a push the quad over and have the wheel well under the floor pan of atv or b just put the dirt bike on top of the wheelwell.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:58 AM
Pro Rider
Exclamation

Originally Posted by beergut

but then again- I also squeezed a KQ 700 with plow into a 4' ford sport trak bed (that ford never did sit right after that )

I have a Honda Ridgeline which is the same size bed, and that's why I have a trailer. Mine will fit (I did it once just to see) but it's a pretty tight squeeze (hard to even reach the tie-downs and getting on and off can be tricky). If you are sitting one axle on your tailgate I've been told it's a good idea to get some boards so both front and back wheels sit on the board so that way not all the rear weight is sitting on the tailgate (hard to explain but if you think about it you get it). I'd have been really nervous with that blade sticking out the back like that and hope you tied the rear down good.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:47 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by John32070
If you are sitting one axle on your tailgate I've been told it's a good idea to get some boards so both front and back wheels sit on the board so that way not all the rear weight is sitting on the tailgate (hard to explain but if you think about it you get it). I'd have been really nervous with that blade sticking out the back like that and hope you tied the rear down good.

if you look closely at the pic- you'll notice that's exactly what I did with the metal ramps.
I got rid of that truck years ago- I drive a super crew f150 now- no problems

Old 03-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Pro Rider
Lightbulb

if you look closely at the pic- you'll notice that's exactly what I did with the metal ramps.
I got rid of that truck years ago- I drive a super crew f150 now- no problems
Thought I saw that. Just passing it on to others as an idea. I know tailgates aren't as weak as some might think, with the bigger rigs why chance it? I've heard some get some thick plywood and cut to fit between the wheel wells and length of the bed/tailgate too.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:57 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I take it that tailgaters are not much of a problem for you also?

Old 03-29-2013, 10:09 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by TLC
I take it that tailgaters are not much of a problem for you also?
it was a 1hr ride to the new owners house- not a single vehicle within 200' of my rear- even going through boston!

Old 03-29-2013, 10:56 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

it was a 1hr ride to the new owners house- not a single vehicle within 200' of my rear- even going through boston!
I would of put a sign on the plow saying " Don,t worry the ATV has the parking brake on".
To make other drivers feel real secure. LOL

Quick Reply: Will my ATV and Bike fit?