Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Urea injected new dielels..wtf

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is under the hood,works for me. the blue cap is the pour point,and the tank is under the passenger.

Name:  INTERNETPOSTPICNO8LargeWebview.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  26.0 KB

Old 01-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Pro Rider

praire...try any of the 3 new diesels and you wont look back, all have huge power stock, quiet and great transmissions. I dont think you could go wrong with any of them, for me it came down to the one that fit my *** and budget.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 1eep
That 12 valve is hard to beat, but becomes very tirsome as a daily drive
Why do you say that? Been driving mine for 10 years now and I'm not tired of it yet.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider

at about 300k miles things inside the truck started falling apart and annoyed me, it was just noisy and tiresome to drive. Try a new diesel and you will see what i am talking about, but this was just my personal experience.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Oh I agree the new trucks are built a little better. I thought you were talking about the engine.

My problem with the new trucks is the emissions stuff and the cost of Parts like injectors and things. Wish I could get a new truck with a 12 valve engine! Lol

Old 01-08-2013, 06:01 AM
Pro Rider

I hear that....i have a friend that owns a disel performance shop and he does a few ford/cummins conversions. Its been pretty tempting, ford chasis with the reliabilty of the cummins and for half the cost of new....downside is the tailight warranty.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by 1eep
praire...try any of the 3 new diesels and you wont look back, all have huge power stock, quiet and great transmissions. I dont think you could go wrong with any of them, for me it came down to the one that fit my *** and budget.
I'll say I'd love to feel all warm and fuzzy about a new Diesel truck, but I can't see that happening. I know Dodge has a good engine, but I have my doubts about that Tranny. As for Ford, I have my doubts altogether. I'm not a big fan of the D-Max but the Allison is what sold me on the Chevy to begin with so I have to say that as long as I can get one with that Tranny, I'll probabaly be pulling with a Chevy.

For simply pulling, I thought about a Dodge with the 6 speed Manual but I can't force myself to spend 60k for a truck that I still have to shift when I'm not pulling.

Oh well, maybe by the time the 40 miles or so a month wears out my current Chevy, Toyota will make something that can handle the load I haul... LOL! Sad I have to hope a Japan company will build what I want when Americans are so capable of making quality far superior.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider

Im trying to start anything here as everyone has their own experiences and preferances.
I wont return to dodge, while the engine was great, it just wasnt my dream truck. The GM has had some engine and tranny issues, my father has an 07 which seems to be the best year.
Ford ....well i think even residents of Mars know about the 6.oh no, Love my current 2011 ford and i dont think that allison tranny is any better than whats in the other 2 current brands. Like i said i feel all 3 of the current models are great.
With that said one brand will never darken my driveway again and that is toyota, i had an 07 tundra...great power train, but toyota has a long way to go before they have a proven full size truck. After tailgate 3 the rep tried to tell me it was considered a door and needed to be removed for loading. I had more mileage on their loaner car than i did on my truck....in the end i traded it in for a 08 f350 half cab that got traded for my current crew cab.

As for sticker prices.,...yes they are up there and it is scary to think that i paid double what my parents paid for thier house.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toyota !!??...get out of my office !!!!!!!

Old 01-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

Im not trying to start the great truck debate and i know someone that has an older tundra, great truck. Unfortunatly my experience wasnt the same as his has been, maybe in 10 years when the perfect it and realize some of us do walk on the tailgate to load/unload their truck.

Im also not going to wave the ford flag high, my experience has been great, but i know from 03-07 was a very bad time for them in the diesel world. 08 was an improvement but was still slightly behind the other 2 brands due to emmisions.

Quick Reply: Urea injected new dielels..wtf