Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

fastest stock utility quad

Old 04-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fastest stock utility quad

wat is the fastest stock utillity quad ?

Old 04-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

The p700 kawi has the fastest drag times but the grizz has a simmilar if not better top speed.

Old 04-25-2004, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

The fastest utility stock quad on top speed I know of is the Bombardier Quest 650 at 73 mph(118kph), but it takes like 2 miles of riding before you get there. The fastest utility stock accelerating quad is the Prairie 700 it will get to its top speed of 65-66mph (106kph) within the first mile. My Prairie 650 now hits 76mph (122kph), but it is not stock[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]!

Old 04-26-2004, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

i dont know about the quest but i know the prairies are fast as heck. I have had my vinson up to 71 according to GPS on flat pavement, with about 7 psi in the stock tires. it does about 66 on GPS with normal pressure. ITs not the fastest accelerating quad but with the manual tranny it has a very fast top speed.

Old 04-26-2004, 09:33 AM
Range Rover

From my experience.... the P700 is the fastest Util atv..... It accellerates better stock then any other bike. And with a few simple mods, it flat flys!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, I've raced a few Grizzly's, and Vinsons, and SP700, and P650's, and none have come close to beating the P700...even in stock form.. Now with my new CDI, Pipe mod, and Snorkle... it's C-YA!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Why in heavens name are you worried about speed when considering a utility quad? Have you ever taken one of these 6 to 7 hundred pound behemoths up to anywhere near it's top speed? It is down right scary on most of them... If speed is your need, then go with a sport quad that is built to handle at speed, can fly like a bird and you can stop it without having to say 20 hail Mary's. It just don't make sense... buy the machine that matches your environment.. even if that means you need two different types...

Old 04-26-2004, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

my machine feels right at home at its top speed. Thats why i bought a vinson, i can have my cake and eat it to.

Old 04-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Well I can't say since I have not been on one.. but I'll stand on my statement.. I've tried to stop one of these monsters. They are heavy, have a higher center of gravity etc...and do not perform as well as my Raptor 660 in any of the performance categories.

I will admit the raptor does not pull or climb like my utility machine either so each has it's good points and bad points.. My point is, determine what you want it for and match the machine to the environment. I see no sense in spending a great deal of money on a utility machine, then turning around and investing several thousand dollars to try and get a little more performance out of it when they could have bought a performance/sport model in the first place... and any modified utility machine is going to be a compromise.

People pay way too much attention to speed, when we should just be happy to be able to get out and enjoy the riding experience. I could care less if your super duper wazoo can beat my extra slimey slug...I am too busy enjoying myself getting away from my desk at work to worry about such things... Start talking about somthing that makes the quad more useful, or can improve safety or durability, and I'll listen in a heart beat..

Old 04-27-2004, 09:26 AM
Range Rover

Dragginbutt..... You have to actually TRY a Prairie before coming to any conclusions about sport utility bikes. I've ridden all major utils and a bunch of the sport quads.. and I can tell you, the Prairie is deffiantely a different animal than ANY other ATV out there. I ride my P700 at 65+ mph alot with no problems at all. It has awsome brakes!!! It doesn't feel heavy (even for a 600lb bike), and it feels quite stable at top speed. The beauty of the P700 is that it does everything very well... sport riding, drag racing, romping through the woods, enjoying the trails, towing trailers, dragging logs, plowing my driveway....... Heck I even use it to tow all the kids around on semi inner tubes in the winter!! I haven't found one thing it doesn't do well...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

So for anyone who wants a "do it all" bike.... get yourself a Prairie!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2004, 10:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really? Utility quads wont out completely dominate all sport atvs in any arena? Gosh, I didnt know that. I'm so mad at myself for wasting 7 thousand dollars.

Sorry, but I had to do it. Now whats wrong with people on utes wanting to go fast? Cant I want to beat my firend and his ute? Cant I want more power so I can get through more things and have more fun when I want to play around?

I understand your point about utes not being everything a sport quad is, in fact, its obvious. To you its even worse though because the utility atv you own is a sloth. A bulletproof one, but a sloth none the less.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fastest stock utility quad