Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Led light bar

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Led light bar

Just looking for some input on what is to much wattage to be putting on the ATV. I went with a 60w light bar last time because stock headlights were 30w each but not I would like a bigger one around 120w. When I use the light bar my headlights are not on. Anyone with around 120w led bars and if so have you had any problems ? Thanks

Old 07-24-2015, 08:24 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

A better system is HID kit, I have them on my 350 Grizzly. My two lights are brighter then my friends new 2015 Rubicon with all 3 of his Halogen Headlight on at once. Plus the blue color sure looks neat.

Here is a ATV with one HID and the other light stock. My grizzly on "one" light is as bright as it was with two stock lights. With two it awesome.
A LED light bar needs a mounting area which most likely will be in the way.

This guys has a single and look how bright it is.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yes the hid lights look nicer especially with the blue and they are much better then the OEM headlights but the beams still only shine right in front of you. My 60w light bar puts out just over 4300 lumens but being it uses 12 reflectors it lights up much more of the trail . I forgot to mention why I was looking into the 120w light bar when I posted. When I said I wanted a bigger one I meant size wise for mounting purposes and would look nicer. The longer light bars come in higher wattages though.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:07 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

I though LED technology has high lumens yet used much less watts then stock halogens.

I bought a LED 65w (equivalent) flood light that uses only 13w .

Old 07-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes you are correct. Most people don't know the lumen output of there lights (measurement of how bright their light is) so companies will say equivalent to..... example is house hold light bulbs everyone knows how bright a 60w incandescent bulb is but when you buy a spiral cfl bulb it uses about 13w but package will say equivalent to 60w bulb as far as brightness goes. Led light bars are supposed to be labeled by there wattage and in the description it will tell the lumens.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought the 13" 60w light bar because the stock headlights were 60w between the pair so I knew I wouldn't have a problem

Old 07-24-2015, 04:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

The goal is for me to have a light bar that goes the length of the front rack, it will be mounted just under the rack so will look nice and not stick out or anything, they sell 1" clamp sets for the light bar so easy to install.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:01 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

That's a good way to mount it, then you can still load the top of the rack. Post a pic when your done.

This guy might as well just say goodby to having a front rack. Of course he has a snorkel so the front rack was already pointless to him.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

72W 12" Totron CREE Combo LED Light Bar. Lights up everything I need to see just fine. I have it wired with a dual switch so when the wired in relay is energized, I have the option to either turn on the LED light bar by itself, or I can flip to an additional switch position to where the LED light bar turns on when the Grizzly's high beams are switched on. This allows me to still use low beams without turning on the LED bar. I personally do not feel I need any additional lighting above what I currently have.

Aftermarket front bumper but allows for full use of the rack with a nice mounting spot for the LED bar.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:39 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Looks like it came from the factory like that. It fits perfect. Nice job.

Quick Reply: Led light bar