Vintage Machines.. Pre 1975, Dirt bikes, ATV's, MiniBikes, Snowmobiles, etc.... If you rode and or still ride a vintage machine..lets talk about it here!!

I found my first mini bike.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:10 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default I found my first mini bike.

OK so its not the exact same mini bike I had 43 years ago, but the frame is very similar. Im going to move the foot pegs and kick stand bracket forward about 10 " and then it will be the same. I found this frame on ebay, it was in Ohio and the seller would not ship..Im in Ca. Fortunately I made a friend at this sight and he lived 15 minutes from the seller. I paid him to ship it to me..

I went to Harbor Freight and got some cheap tires/wheels.. I have a 3hp B&S engine for it.. I dont ever plan to ride it but want it fully functional. Im going to paint the frame metalic green like mine was 43 years ago and hang it on the wall of my shop when its done..

Attached Thumbnails I found my first mini bike.-photo319.jpg   I found my first mini bike.-photo322.jpg  
Old 09-25-2014, 08:25 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Closer to hanging it on the wall...

Attached Thumbnails I found my first mini bike.-photo334.jpg  

Last edited by mywifesquad; 09-25-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya know I have found most times in life happiness is found in the little things, in a smell a sound or a nice memory. It looks to me like you are gonna have the trifecta!!! Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:53 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Your Welcome. Im doing the best I can.. If I had unlimited funds I would have a few muscle cars from the 70's.. since I have limited funds I have a few mini bikes from the 70's..

Old 09-29-2014, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roger that!!!

Old 09-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Dune Rider
Which one of you is Pink?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stalkingMWQsmiley

Old 11-10-2014, 08:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In this era of awesomeness high resolution super duper media, Could it be possible to use attachments with a little better quality than a pin hole camera?

Just sayin, nice project, and sure the bike is looking good.

About the little things in life...

My kids got this 125cc atv which they barely ride at all, which I bought brand new. Then on Craigslist I spotted a goped all in pieces for 20 bucks. Took it home, put the front fork of a Tonka bike, and the rear is all the goped, added one of those wide saddles. They have ridden more in a week the 20 dollar project than the atv in one year.

I sold the atv, nothing wrong with it, lost a few bucks on the sale (you live, you learn), but the kids made sure I was not going to sell their Tonka goped.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:43 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by crankestein
In this era of awesomeness high resolution super duper media, Could it be possible to use attachments with a little better quality than a pin hole camera?

Just sayin, nice project, and sure the bike is looking good.

My kids got this 125cc atv which they barely ride at all, which I bought brand new. Then on Craigslist I spotted a goped all in pieces for 20 bucks. Took it home, put the front fork of a Tonka bike, and the rear is all the goped, added one of those wide saddles. They have ridden more in a week the 20 dollar project than the atv in one year.

I sold the atv, nothing wrong with it, lost a few bucks on the sale (you live, you learn), but the kids made sure I was not going to sell their Tonka goped.
Most pics I take are with my phone..not sure why the pics don't look as good any more.. would it be better story with no pics?

Old 11-14-2014, 10:36 AM
Dune Rider
Which one of you is Pink?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Most pics I take are with my phone..not sure why the pics don't look as good any more.. would it be better story with no pics?

good, bad or indifferent

Old 12-01-2014, 07:51 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by crankestein

Any pics of this beast?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I found my first mini bike.