Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

BEST PLACE TO RIDE USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 05:52 AM
MIA
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST PLACE TO RIDE USA

Where is the Best place to ride ATV?

There are 5 of us driving down from COLD Canada to Southern California February 2 – 10

These are the states we are driving through Idaho, Nevada, California, Arizona and New Mexico

We want to discover at least 4 great trails that are challenging with great scenery

Directions to the trails or web sites would be much appreciated or at least the nearest city or town. We can ask local people from there.

If there is anyone that would like to be our guild for a ride that would be very helpful

We range from very good to advanced riders. We all ride 3rd generation Polaris Scramblers 4x4

I can up load any GPS maps if anyone has any

You can e mail me at

mario@fenchmaid.com

USA or Bust

Old 01-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 01-27-2004, 06:55 PM
MIA
Weekend Warrior

THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLY

Can anyone else suggest some places?

MIA

Old 01-27-2004, 07:12 PM
Range Rover

Since you are riding Scrambler 4X4s, you are probably looking for trails rather than dunes. Nonetheless, you might want to check out St Anthoneys Dunes in Idaho, Coral Pink dunes in Utah, Sand Mountain in Nevada. Pismo in California is an experience because you can camp right on the beach; dunes there don't compare to Glamis or Dumont. Depending on your destination and ETA, I could suggest several good trails in central California. Most of the Sierra National Forest trails are buried under white stuff now, but Miami Creek north of Fresno is open between storms. Hollister and Hungery Valley might be good for a day ride.

Old 01-27-2004, 07:19 PM
Range Rover

Oh yeah - don't miss the desert: Jawbone, Dove Springs, Spangler Hills.

Old 01-27-2004, 07:27 PM
PHD
Weekend Warrior

If you are coming into Boise Id.? I could take you for a ride in the Owyhee mountains.About the only place that does not have to much snow right now.e-mail me if you are intersted.xr25087@aol.com
I love to ride and I,m slow right now.
Postholedon (Don)

Old 01-27-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure which part of New Mexico your going through, but there are several great riding areas in northern NM such as the Jemez mountains near Los Alamos, and Red River NM. There are literally hundreds of miles of spectacular mountan ranges that will take you as far as your gas will let you go. Let me know if your interested and I'll give you directions etc...

Old 01-28-2004, 12:46 AM
MIA
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: vtwiner
I'm not sure which part of New Mexico your going through, but there are several great riding areas in northern NM such as the Jemez mountains near Los Alamos, and Red River NM. There are literally hundreds of miles of spectacular mountan ranges that will take you as far as your gas will let you go. Let me know if your interested and I'll give you directions etc...
What you said sounds GREAT

Sounds like a place we would like to visit

tell us more!

Old 01-28-2004, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

you should try michigan, we have the most trails in the whole united states and some great dunes, silver lake sand dunes is awesome then just go about 2 hours up north and ride on the huron national forest.

Old 01-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

One of my favorite places to ride is the Panamint mountain canyons. Both sides of the valley are great. BLM land (no fees for camping). There are more technical 4X4 mining trails in the area than you could ride in a year. We were there 2 weeks ago and visited the famous Barker ranch (Mansons hide out). We put 120 miles on our quads in one and a half days and we did not even scratch the surface. You can't beat Southern California winter riding in the desert!

Quick Reply: BEST PLACE TO RIDE USA