Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

wellsville,ohio (yellow crick)

Old 09-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wellsville,ohio (yellow crick)

WELL FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD PERSONALLY IS THAT DAVE MCCOURT(OWNER OF OAK TREE CAMP SITE) GOT AN OFFER TO SELL 300 ACRES FOR 3000 AN ACRE. HE SAID THEY MADE AN OFFER AND NEVER GOT BACK TO HIM, BUT THAT WAS IN AUGUST, BUT CHECK THIS OUTINFO FOR THE PROJECT

MORE INFO
THE ONLY THING TO DO IF YOU CAMP IN OAK TREE IS TO OFFER HIM MORE MONEY BUT COMPARED THE OFFER HE GOT WE CAN NOT COMPETE WITH THE WELLSVILLE PORT AUTHORITY'S OFFER. DAVE TOLD ME PERSONALLY THAT HE MAKES AROUND $50,000 A YEAR OF THE CAMP SITE( EASY MONEY IF YOU ASK ME BUT 550,000 IS MUCH EASIER)

Old 09-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer

SORRY THE LINK DOESNT WORK RIGHT BUT TYPE IN WELLSVILLE IN THE SEARCH ENGINE ON THE PAGE

Old 09-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

yes 4 now it is only 500 acers but there r in the process in bying more trust me i wiss they would not close it myself i love wellsville myself the port authoity is buying up land themselves also and hey hilljumper i did not mean they were closing the whole thing wright now but if they get there way it will be. dont get mad at what i say i am just passing on what i am being told. be carefull when on the train tracks because the r giving tickets also.the main reason this has all started is becuase of the EPA due 2 jerks leaving stolen cars and burning them and all of the garbage. may yellowcrick live long

Old 09-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer

im not mad at what you say ,,, there are alot of things being said about the place right now. ya really dont know what to believe.but i do know we are on the county line and the port athority dont go past there as far as i know.it will take several years to completely close if thats on there mind.be lieve me ive been riding there for over 30 years,im 1 of the last that wants to see it close... but on the other hand its bringin jobs into our poor village.KNOW WHAT I MEAN.....

hilljumper

Old 09-29-2006, 12:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

i know what u mean i was just clarafing what i was trying 2 say. well maybe i will see ya out there some time.

Old 09-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

Depending on the quality of the coal used in a coal liquefaction plant like the one proposed for Columbiana County, one ton yields 35 to 40 gallons of oil, said Doug Price, associate professor of chemical engineering at Youngstown State University.
Only 35 to 40 gallons of oil per ton? Damn.

Here
Here

Old 09-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a camp in forbidden zone and have the following information:

- Oak Tree is to close 01/01/07 and everyone is to get their stuff outa there (rumor)
- Free zone is closed and the cops are sitting at the entrance for only 4 hours a day
- Forbidden zone is still open, call Warren (330-708-4417) to get directions and info, tell him Raul said to call

If you are in the area, stop next to the school bus and bring plenty of beer and food...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm a council member in Wellsville, and I can tell you that there was a meeting this past week with local authorities, officials, port authority, and the railroad. The riding is being put to a stop unfortunately. Click on the link below and you can read about it in the local newspaper.

http://reviewonline.com/news/article...articleID=3777

It's a sad day for all riders of this area, but it's true, they are looking to bring in industry which will help the local economy.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

So, according to that article, there is no riding areas left at all? Wellsville is completely closed?....or did I misunderstand the article?

Old 10-04-2006, 04:09 AM
Range Rover

i was planning a trip down there in a few weeks..............................should i cancel??? not worried bout cops we dodge them all the time here and they have atvs too

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wellsville,ohio (yellow crick)