Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ANYBODY HAVE A PLACE TO RIDE IN MARYLAND?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANYBODY HAVE A PLACE TO RIDE IN MARYLAND?!?!

Atvblaster
Where is that place located out at Laurel. I used to live in that area years ago and we used to 4x4 at a place not far off of I95. Got some directions.

I rode that place in Brandywine yesterday. Was hardley noone there. Also a bulldozer was in there and took out most of the area we used to ride. Leveled out the hils and tore up the area pretty bad. I think that area is getting ready to die off.

Old 03-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Trailblazer

Tracker,

was that the place off N Keys road? I went by there a week ago and someone intentionally knocked down some tress blocking the access. Was it cleared up when you went?

Old 03-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer

I believe that is the same place.

Old 03-15-2005, 01:54 AM
Trailblazer

yea it's near rt5.....haven't rode there in about a month and a half.....

i was supposed to go to the "pits" yesterday but my uncle wimped out on me at the last minute so i just stayed in the house and chilled....

i will definetly be out there next sunday!!!!!!!

i heard of another place out there not to far from the "pits" the guy at heyser cycle said it makes the pits look like a pot hole....might have to scope out that spot sunday as well.....

Old 03-15-2005, 01:56 AM
Trailblazer

as far as people getting jacked.....that was about 3 or 4 years ago.....haven't heard of any recent imcidents........but i love the scenery out in brandywine off 301

Old 03-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks Eiger, let us know what you find out. I can't speak for all, but I'm limiting myself to places that I KNOW are legal. I'll have my 5y/o with me and I don't care to take any chances with him around. Thanks again. Z

Old 03-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Tracker12
Atvblaster
Where is that place located out at Laurel. I used to live in that area years ago and we used to 4x4 at a place not far off of I95. Got some directions.

Hey Tracker12, The "Pits" is probably the same place you're talking about that you went to years ago on your 4x4. It was my first time, but this place is so huge it's not just all that you can see with the naked eye. My friends went with some other guys that knew all the trails and hot spots there and it just keeps going and going. It's an awesome place! The trails were very technical and complicated at some points which made it so good! We did cross over a few roads and went over and under some bridges onto other wooded and open land. I can't wait to go again!!! Once again I have to say that this place is awesome!!!! Hatfields & McCoys who???...lol..jk We just have to keep this low key b/c it's private property...

P.S. I'll "P.M" you with the directions we took and where we parked" don't know who's reading.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks I am looking at going this weekend.

Old 03-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: ZANE
Thanks Eiger, let us know what you find out. I can't speak for all, but I'm limiting myself to places that I KNOW are legal. I'll have my 5y/o with me and I don't care to take any chances with him around. Thanks again. Z
well i can tell you we have rode out laurel several times and in brandywine in the past......never once have we had any run-ins with the cops.....and a lot of the time i have my little cousin and or brother with me ages 13 and 10......we never take chances with them!

Old 03-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Eiger, here's what I found today. This past weekend some guys decided to go to the place off 301 (N. Keys). They found the knocked over trees and walked up to see what was going on. They noticed some dozer equipment and ran into a guy that lived near by. The guy said they could park at his house and ride to the area. When they decided to go riding next they couldn't get a hold of the guy. They went up and rode the area anyway only to find cops waiting and handing out $500 tickets. They all have to appear in court now. Turns out the trees that are down are a result of some Natural Resources provision. So, I don't know full details but this is the second or third case of someone riding and getting slapped with a $500 ticket (different areas). Mix this with Trackers finding all the equipment, it sounds like something is going on and that placed can be scratched off the list.

If anyone hears differently or more info please share. Thanks.

Quick Reply: ANYBODY HAVE A PLACE TO RIDE IN MARYLAND?!?!