Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

HELP! Where to go for the ultimate ATV trip of a lifetime?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Where to go for the ultimate ATV trip of a lifetime?

Do you know what they do to people in AFrica? THey use machete's.

I'm sorrry but AFRICA is one of those places Americans should not be going right now.....Have you heard of terrorism???

Go there and you could very well become a statistic, or one of those unlucky people on the internet videos.....

But hey, whatever trips your trigger.....

All I know I survived Viet Nam, and I don't care to risk my life in some third world $hithole..!

Old 11-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Trailblazer

I think the Utah trip looks the best, I've seen many videos of it now, and it just looks incredible.

In my opinion, I would not go to some third-world country to ride an ATV. If something happens, it's not like America or Europe, where state-of-the-art medical care is a quick helicopter ride away.

There's just way too many incredible places to ride in America (and Canada?) to go anywhere else yet...

Old 11-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Range Rover

EasterEgg and all,

EE, After reading this thread I don't think that the Bolivia trip would right for you and your friends. To anybody else I've been on 3 trips to Bolivia to ride in the Caravan. I've got some pictures posted of the first 2. (haven't got a round to posting any from this years ride.) I plan on going again next year 99.9%. My friend, Jeff who went on the trip in 2002 will be going to. Anybody interested let me know. I'm a little hard to get a hold of. I don't get on this site much since I do a little bit of work for a ATV magazine.
Also there might be a trip to Baja from one of the tour guys down there that will be longer than the normal trip. Seems some guys from Spain want to go on a longer trip and they are looking for more people. This would be in January. If its a happing thing I'll be going. Anybody else?

Kawi650, I've looked at the Africa trip also. There are a few people I've been wanting to get together for this, but it will not be till 2006. How about going with us to Bolivia this(2005) year?

Budxxx, Yes I've heard of terrorism. So you think that you're 'safe' by staying here in the good 'ol USA? Did you read about 911? How many people here in the good 'ol USA died that day? Are we safer now? I work for a trucking company that brought emergency supplies to NYC and Washington D.C. I've seen first hand terrorism.
I do not want to start a pi**ing contest here. You expressed your opinion here, I'm just saying mine.

Thanks All

Old 11-22-2004, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

Cool.
And good pics!

Old 11-22-2004, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

NtheWind What dates are you looking at? what kind of full price range with renting a machine? I noticed you had the hondas I would want the Kawi.

Old 11-23-2004, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

Kawi650

I was quoted over the phone I could rent either a Prairie or a Foreman from the promoter but talking to NTHWIND (David) he doubts you would get one (Prairie). He's been 3 times and had 4 different machines 1 Prairie 400 and 3 Foremans. Typically what they rent you is whatever used machine they have. Which will have 5 to 6 thousand miles on it. Poor condition by our standards but good to them.

The Price is $3000 which includes the atv rental, food, room and incountry (Bolivia) transportation typically bus (Greyhound). NOT INCLUDED is fuel (they estimated I would need $200), alcohol and airfare to Bolivia (from NY it's $1000 even with a 10 month lead time). Plus a couple hundred spending cash.
TOTAL $4500 + or -

The caravan is typically the first weekend of August but they do not have a firm date or route yet for 2005. They said by the first of the year they should have that info available. HTH

Old 11-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Range Rover

EasterEgg, and all

Yeep you about got it covered, I couldn't have put it better about the Caravan. The machines are not up to our standards. I wish that they were, it is a sticking point with me. But take into consideration that a new Brute Force costs about $12000.00 US with all the duties etc. The dealer threre sold 30!!! the month before the Caravan. There were about 18 new BF's on the Caravan. This is something only the well to do have. A oem 2 ply tire costs about $80.00 EACH! because of duties. They cannot even comprehend that I took the factory wheels and tires off my 650 Prairie before I took delievery and put after market ones on.
I LOVE this trip, the country, and the most of all the people. The Caravan is NOT about the quad. It is simply a vehicle to use for transportation to get you places. There were only 2 other Americans on this years trip, and neither one of them had been on a quad before. These guys I would call them 'adventurer travelers' because one of them had trecked across China and the other one had traveled India and Africa.
This my not be the 'ultimate atv trip', but it is an 'ultimate adventure', just think there has been only about 12 Americans TOTAL out of 8 Caravans that have done this.
Thank you all for listening to all of this.

p.s. I'm doing a story on this trip, it will be published next year in ATV Rider magazine.

NTHEWND!

Old 11-26-2004, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

I'm ok on the condition of the machine, most of my machines have well over that in miles however I bet mine are in alot better shape. I know it's not for the quad, it's the experience, same with newfoundland. I could take any bike accross newfounland but I'm not interested in running a long trip on a Honda, I'll take the 400 Praire first. I want to enjoy it; not work it. I very interested in the write-up. Also I would have to be back in Halifax prior to Sept 1. Also if you don't drink at all is this a problem in the group for evenings etc and do they let people go out on their own exploring when they stop for the night? About how many machines per group?