Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Bad news in Webster PA

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2000, 10:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If rumor is correct the owners of Cederbook Golf Course have purchased most of the land. The land will be turned into 36 holes and a ski slope. They are supposedly going to pump water up from the river to keep things green and to make snow.

There are two comments that I would like to make: PA department of conservation and natural resources should spend some of our registration money in southwestern PA!! and, I learned from riding in Webster on someone else property to be tolerant of trespassers on my own property. If more people would learn this maybe there would be more places to ride.

Many thanks to the previous land owners in Webster for years of great times!

Old 10-27-2000, 05:17 PM
Range Rover

The PADCNR will not be opening any new trails and may not maintain the ones already open, we are paying our money and getting no return for it. I know this because I got a letter from them saying about as much.

Old 10-28-2000, 10:24 AM
Trailblazer

I have got some good news for all S.W. Pa riders.
My girlfreinds father is one of the county commissioners in Greene county.He is also heavily involved in the Mason Dixon Riders Club,from that area too.
The county is trying to buy two old coal mine properties,connect them together via a 7 mile trail and open it to public riding.None of this is definite yet,but a very strong possibilty.
The riders club is also a nice thing to belong to. Lots of trails and a mx track.