Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Southern Minnesota, is there any places to ride?

Old 03-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Southern Minnesota, is there any places to ride?

Looking for a place to ride in central or southern Minnesota. A place that is large enough that you can not ride it in one day. Somewhere that is larger than 1,000 acres. Trying to plan a weekend trip to somewhere that is fun to ride and challenging.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Range Rover

Nothing that big in southern MN. Iron Range is that big but it is way up in the horn of Mn, almost to Canada. A place a lot closer would be Black River Falls, Wiscionsin. It is abought an hour past La Cross. A group of us from work usaly go up there every spring but we are going to the Black hills this year instead. It is abought the same drive time from here.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey thanks for the update! Is there any camping? Is there a web site or do you have any contact information? Let me know how the black hills are. Might make the trip up there this fall. What city is Iron Range by?

Old 03-08-2006, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

Black river falls is a good choice. If you do a search for ( Jackson county Wisconsin ) you should be able to get all the info you need. There is camping also.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Speeddrive1, are you from southern Minnesota?

Old 03-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

Unfortunatly I live up here in the concrete jungle north side of the twin cities, but like to ride at black river falls. Another good place to ride is at silver bay mn.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

Also we are planning a trip to St Anthony Idaho for the second week in june. It would be cool to have more people from the area out there to.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 1TrailAddict
hey thanks for the update! Is there any camping? Is there a web site or do you have any contact information? Let me know how the black hills are. Might make the trip up there this fall. What city is Iron Range by?
I am not sure what city Iron Range is buy but if you go to the MN DNR site it has a listing of all the state parks including that one with trail maps and directions to get there. A few years ago i considered driving up there but it is a LONG ways so I have just always gone to the Black Hills or Wisconsin and Colorado instead.

It has been abought 3 years sence my last trip to the Black Hills so I dont remember exact directions or points of interest. We always stayed at Wild Bills Campgrounds south of Deadwood SD. on our trips out there. This year we may try something different. A freind of mine has been going out there a few times a year for a while now and has found different and better places to ride suposadly. I know the riding around Deadwood is good so I hope this other area is good as well. You used to be able to ride rite out of Wild Bills campground last time I was there but I dont know for sure anymore. I remember being able to cover all the ground from Sturgis to Spearfish Canyon and into the Wyoming side of the Black Hills without ever loading up the machines. Lots great trails out there just make sure to get a snowmobile map. You cant always go on all the snowmobile trails though because some are across private property that is closed during the summer. For more info on the Black Hills go over to Highlifter.com and look for Grizhopper. He lives out there and would be more than glad to help direct you to the trails.

For Wisconsin just do a search on here for Black River Falls or Jackson County or Clark County. If you go there I recomend staying at Rusel Memorial Park. GREAT campgrounds and the trail goes rite threw them. We always get a campsite that is abought 50 feet off the trail so obviuosly no trailering to trail heads is required.

http://www.co.clark.wi.us/ClarkCount...mp/Russell.asp

Cut and past the above link and then click on "Russll Park Brouchuer" at the bottome. This will give ya a map of the campgrounds. We always stay at site 151 or 153 and the dotted line beside the campsites is the trail. This campgrounds is rite in the middle of the trail system and there are hundreds of miles of trails to ride.

Old 03-12-2006, 04:35 AM
Trailblazer

Bunkhouse This place is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! between lacross and minneapolis off 94