Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

riding in Harlan Kentucky

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding in Harlan Kentucky

Well, how was it? Any interesting stories? Everyone's quad hold up? Which RR'ers did you meet?

Old 07-31-2006, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a great trip. I loved it. I did meat the treaserer ( think dave?) and porkchop. They both were very nice. I cant wait to go back down. Me and my buddy went down as you know with our dads so our tuff trail riding wasnt on the list like we usally do. We saw so many trials that we wanted to hit that we couldnt. Allot of them being off park trials. Next time, me and my buddy will just go and and hit allot more trails. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2006, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds great. Don't forget to post the pictures.

...and next time, stay on the Evarts side.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: RSeb
Sounds great. Don't forget to post the pictures.

...and next time, stay on the Evarts side.

Rseb,

The trail has been reworked and is so easy my front wheel drive car can go up the worst section of it. I understand you have friends who are based out of the local atv club here and God knows they've done so much for this area and the park here. I'm sorry that within our own county people want to make a competition between our two trail heads. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but I would consider it rude to list their disadvantages JUST to try and hurt their business. But I can tell you our advantages - we're only 10 miles from Cumberland which has tons of tourist attractions such as the highest elevated state park, ky coal mine museum, underground mine tour, and historic Benham Inn (www.kingdomcome.org). Btw, whoever said Harlan was a dry county also was misinformed, it's dry except for the town of Cumberland. Our campground has 16 RV sites with water/elec and wireless internet - no we're not in town, but some people like to NOT camp in town. We also have rental cabins and over 50 primitive tent sites that are actually "in the woods" - gas/food is only 2/10th's of a mile from the campground property and you can ride 2/10th's of a mile on yer ride to get those things. Also, it's only a 15 min trail ride to Evarts.

Regardless of where a person stays in Harlan County, we appreciate the fact that they are here in our area.

Stephen Foster, owner

Harlan County Campground

http://www.harlancountytrails.com