Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

SoCal Trail Riders Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SoCal Trail Riders Roll Call

Recon & LA,

First off.....Sorry I bailed so fast without saying Thanks and Goodbye. I was later then I thought and had to jet.....

Next. Recon Thanks for guiding the way, it was a blast...I got to see a lot of the Mountains and had some great people to ride with. Hope to ride with you guys again .
By the way, the way out the ride was 23.5 miles to the trail head @ Millers Canyon...all in all I would say about 50-60 miles max.

Lastly. I think I did some damage to my thumb helping that guy on the dirt bike...It is almost the size of a golf ball and I can barely move it. War Wound to remember the ride.

Till next time,
Attila

Old 03-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

60 miles in 5-6 hours is not bad. what a loop. dude, i slept for 12 hours last night and i'm feeling great and ready for another. oh yes, trail riding is definitely my preference. TheHun you're ready to get another quad huh..! was that not great. recon sure gave us our days worth huh? ok dude thanks for the card and we'll catch up to each other on another day/time. thanks................la90043............. anyone out there that want to ride the san bernardino mountains well just pack it up and lets go........! and or los padres hungry valley/gorman..

Old 03-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post a few of the pictures!

Hun, if you PM me, I will give you contact info for my buddy who lives near you. He is still recovering from his MX accident, but his wife hasn't ridden in a very long time and she wants to get back into it, so that might make a good match for you guys seeing your wife is just getting started.

Doing the Inyo Mountains and Sierras in the spring/early summer......don't miss those rides!

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/ca/cerrogordo.html

http://www.air-and-space.com/2002062...rdo%20Road.htm

http://www.ripleysghosttowns.com/coyote.html

http://www.ripleysghosttowns.com/bloody.html

Old 03-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

HERE'S A FEW OF THE PICS FROM THE MILLER CANYON RUN THAT WAS DONE BY RECONRANGER * THEHUN * LA90043

MILLER CANYON CLICKY HERE

Old 03-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

WOW!!!
Those were some great pics and cool links. When I get the rust shaken off of me,..I'd love to join you guys on one of those rides,......I've always wondered what was beyond sight of the 395 looking east, etc.
I'm on the Westside

Old 03-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer

Travelboy,
Sounds like a plan...where abouts are you. I'm in Oak Hills East. By the way WD-40 works great for that Rust. J/K...
-Attila

Old 03-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer

LA90043,

Love the pics...had a blast can't wait till next time. I thing I will take Recon up on those hills in the Sierra's.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks TheHun for appreciating the pics, they would not have come out so well without you! anyone up for a day ride this coming weekend huh? lower Sierra's are a blast! break out the coleman....!

Old 03-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: TheHun
Travelboy,
Sounds like a plan...where abouts are you. I'm in Oak Hills East. By the way WD-40 works great for that Rust. J/K...
-Attila
Oak Hills east? where's that?
I'm in Santa Monica,.....westside,...you know,..where the debris meets the sea,......I haven't picked up my ride yet, and I,..uh,.....have never even ridden one. SO I think I will have to do a few solo missions to adjust. I have ridden mx / 3 wheelers / I own a couple of PWC's that haul a**, mountain bikes, skateboards, I still snowboard really well, etc,...so I know what back country / trail riding is,...just never on a quad. I swore off motorcycles awhile ago when I crashed real bad,...I'm a decent all around rider I think,.....have done lots of Mammoth area stuff,....can you say loose Shale?
Hun,..If WD 40 didn't taste so bad, I'd brush my teeth with it. hahahaha. I have to go to Mexico tomorrow for a few days, (I'm building a house just South of Puerto Nuevo near the sand dunes), so I'm out for probably a couple of weeks. If you, or anyone else wants to ride in the future, (and hopefully be patient, I'll buy lunch, whatever), I'd be super happy to go with some experienced riders. That would be super cool. My other buddies all ride mx, (and we're all over 40!!!) a few of them have had the helicopter ride if you know what I mean. Not for me thanks,.....I don't bounce anymore,..I just go splat.
So, if you, or anyone else knows of anyplace easy to ride so I can get a feel for my ride when i get it,..please PM me,.... Thanks, Steve

Old 03-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

Good pics. Did you guys make it down to Devils Hole? That last pic looks like it. That is a fun place to go when it is hot out. You can ride there and then swim!

Quick Reply: SoCal Trail Riders Roll Call