Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ballinger Canyon Calif.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ballinger Canyon Calif.

I was just there on Saturday for the first time riding ATV. It took me a while to get there which is nested between Kern and Ventura county in Los Padres national forest area from hwy 33. It has several nice trails for all day long ATV riding with great sceneries. I was little afraid of getting lost because no one else was on the trail that I was on. The trail kept going north instead of making a loop as I expected. After about using 1/3 fuel, I decided to turn back.

BTW, abut paying the fee. It said FEE AREA but I did not see any guard shack with a person or ticket machine. I asked another rider there and he said I need to buy an annual permit from Walmart or some other store - no daily ticket sold. I didn't see any rangers there to confirm this. I just couldn't believe everyone there bought an annual permit.

Has anyone been there? What's your impression of riding there, good or bad?

Old 03-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ballinger Canyon Calif.

The permit is called an Adventure Pass, and I think it is about $30 anually (???). It is a fee to park your tow vehicle. It is supposed to be used for projects like improving staging areas, etc.