Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Pics from today's Ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 12:00 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics from today's Ride

I must give a big thanks to Reconranger, his family and friends for taking me out riding in the Silverwood/Arrowhead lakes area today. Below are a couple pictures I took today.

We met up at the "Miller's Canyon" staging area and rode a 38 mile loop to "Deep Creek" then up to the "Pinnacles" and back to Miller's staging area.

Silverwood Lake

ReconRanger

Old 06-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

The group of us trailside

The Faceless Riders.......LoL

Old 06-24-2007, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

Deep Creek

Deep Creek Bridge

Old 06-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

That's really cool! Seems like some nice trail riding.
How often do you guys do this? Would a couple of modified Blaster's be welcome?

Old 06-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like a very fun place.

Old 06-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost any weekend I don't ride somewhere else, I pop up to Miller Canyon for a quick ride. It's not to long a drive from where I live, and it is the easiest drive into the mountains. I gave driving directions here: http://forums.atvconnection.co...id/27/threadid/521772

Are the Blasters old enough that they are green stickered??? The altitude change on this ride is moderate, and of course 2-strokes suffer from the altitude more than 4-strokes, but yes I have ridden a Blaster up there a thousand times (but so many years ago that I can't remember!) PM me any time, and we can work out a ride.....

It's a dry, dusty year everywhere in So. Calif. Hopeing for some summer thunderstorms later, to help things out!

Old 06-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: reconranger

Are the Blasters old enough that they are green stickered??? The altitude change on this ride is moderate, and of course 2-strokes suffer from the altitude more than 4-strokes, but yes I have ridden a Blaster up there a thousand times (but so many years ago that I can't remember!) PM me any time, and we can work out a ride.....

It's a dry, dusty year everywhere in So. Calif. Hopeing for some summer thunderstorms later, to help things out!</end quote></div>

I'm guessing you're talking about Miller Canyon in the Silverwood area?

The Blasters have non-CA resident green stickers. Ride all year! The one I usually ride has a 240 motor, so it shouldn't be too bad up there.
Been looking for a place to ride, maybe around Big Bear too.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

Man it's dry in north ga. and has been for the last 2 or 3 years , but this is the worst i've seen here where i live in like over 10 year's ; we got about 2 in' last week but it was mostly thunderstorm's with some down pour's ! Well as a matter of a fact i can hear thunder off and on outside right now , i wish it would come a good steady soaking rain for a few week's or so no flooding just enough to catch up with the anual average ! I think we're about 22' below the norm for this time of the year , me and my brother went riding in TN , an 80 mile ride counting to and from the trail's. The next time i go will be using a respirator , i sure ate a lot of dust on that ride ; but at least it was alot cooler in the mountains with a nice cool breeze ! williebee

Old 06-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

Trail map downloads: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/recreation/ohv/

Most of the legal riding is toward the west end of the mountains (Lake Arrowhead and Silverwood), and not really all that close to Big Bear. Cactus Flats is off the desert side, so it gets hot in summer. Best to save it for the cooler months.

The best places to stage from are Miller Canyon, Pinnacles, and Cactus Flats.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: reconranger

Most of the legal riding is toward the west end of the mountains (Lake Arrowhead and Silverwood), and not really all that close to Big Bear. Cactus Flats is off the desert side, so it gets hot in summer. Best to save it for the cooler months.

The best places to stage from are Miller Canyon, Pinnacles, and Cactus Flats.</end quote></div>

The map I'm looking at is: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanber...gpine_cactusflats.pdf

I have a vacation home by Big Bear lake, so these areas are convenient for me. I see there are some trails just about 1 mile NE of Baldwin Lake. 2E20.3 and 2NO3, anybody try those?
Don't see Cactus Flats anywhere on the map though. And I'm guessing a "staging area" is a place to unload and park the main vehicle while riding?

Quick Reply: Pics from today's Ride