Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to Ride? Central MA (worcester area)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to Ride? Central MA (worcester area)

The only legal riding place in MA is the Pittsfield State Forest Area. I have some friends that live in Auburn, Sturbridge and BRimfield areas and we drive to Pittsfield to ride on the weekends.. It's a pretty far haul to get there, but well worth it..

There are some non-legal areas that you can ride. 1 area you can ride from Sturbridge to Palmer/Warren area I think it comes out on RT9. On this one you can stop off at a this little Ice Cream stand and they have a lunch menu, the trail leads right past it. They have a spot to park your ATV. I'm don't know the trail that good, but the some guys I rode with showed me.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

you dont have to be registered because its not entirley leagly
actually its not leagle at all but no one really cares just avoid the
rail road tracks they get angry about that

Old 02-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Range Rover

Someone mentioned the dunes is a good place to go at cape cod.. if they're even open?

Old 02-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>There is no where to go here that I know of.. and I just bought a quad. </end quote></div>

Sooooooooo . . you knew there was no place to ride and you bought the machine anyway. Now you're on a public forum looking for places to ride (and the'ye posting the locations!!!!) where the cops won't bother you. You should have been asking these questions BEFORE you bought the machine.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Range Rover

The state forests are great places to ride.

Pittsfield, Beartown, and Tolland, to name a few...they're all within 1.5 hours of you.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

I'm from Western Ma, and there are tons of trails I know of..you just gotta know the right people that have access to trails and good neighbors that are land owners..don't go into 'hotspots'...it just makes the ATV'ers image even worse....

Old 02-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Im from westborough (near worcester). There are a few places well were a few places. One was in northbridge which was real good until the rod and gun club was moved to the pit for their gun range which means we got kicked out. Still looking for places

Old 02-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Folks:

HB3592 is alive and well. It would ban kids under 14 from operating ATVs and the parent or guardian would lose their driver's license. Next, any kid under 16 would not be able to ride an ATV over 90cc and the parent would lose their license. The bill is currently before the Transportation Committee. The Committee feels that it received COMPELLING evidence against ATVs and kids. I am told that the committee may be acting on the bill very soon. Everyone needs to call and write their state rep and senator NOW. Below is info from my state house source which is 100% accurate. Below the info is a list of the Transportation Committee members. If anyone lives in Committee member districts, please make sure to especially write and call TODAY or our kids will lose their right to ride.

MY SOURCE SAID:
The bill is not dead. It is still pending in the Transportation Committee
(see attached). There was compelling testimony presented with respect to the dangers of ATVs and youth riders. In addition, the DCR - Environmental Police Special Commission on enforcement also is concerned with the youth ATV riding.
JOINT COMMITTEE ON TRANSPORTATION
Room 134
State House
Boston, MA 02133
Telephone: (617) 722-2400

It shall be the duty of the committee on Transportation to consider all matters concerning the development, operation, regulation and control of all means of transportation in the air, on land or in the water, the imposition of tolls on tunnels or bridges and such other matters as may be referred.
Members appointed to the committee:
Baddour of First Essex - Chair
Chandler of First Worcester - Vice-Chair
Petruccelli of First Suffolk and Middlesex
McGee of Third Essex and Middlesex
Montigny of Second Bristol and Plymouth
Timilty of Bristol and Norfolk
Hedlund of Plymouth and Norfolk

Wagner of Chicopee - Chair
Fennell of Lynn - Vice-Chair
vacant
Timilty of Milton
Canessa of New Bedford
Flanagan of Leominster
Natale of Woburn
Sciortino of Medfor
Fernandes of Milford
Sandlin of Agawam
Smith of Everett
Loscocco of Holliston
Humason of Westfield

Here is a form letter from AMA. Feel free to use it, change it, or whatever but please call your state rep and senator and email or mail a letter too.

************************************************** **************************************************

House bill 3592, which is currently before the Joint Committee on Transportation, would make it illegal for anyone under the age of 14 to operate an ATV. It would also place stringent limits on the use of ATVs by anyone under the age of 16 and would mandate safety training for all riders under the age of 18.

This bill will deny my family the right to participate in our preferred family recreation. Families should be free to decide what to do in their spare time and parents must have discretion over the type of recreation in which their children participate.

I believe that rider education is the best approach to the long-term reduction of ATV-related injuries and fatalities. Rider education promotes the use of safety equipment, safe riding and improves rider skill.

I am concerned about safety, but the safety of motorized recreation can be enhanced without making the participation of young persons a crime.

I respectfully request that you oppose HB 3592.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Any info on the Dunes at Cape Cod?.... Have any of you guys ride there? is it legal? is it open?

Please!

Desperate to ride with few places to go!....

Old 03-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ive been down on the dunes in the cape. They are awesome. No they are not legal, Yes it is open, no where to park. I go with one of my friends who lives down there, so i park there. Its in plymouth. it is a great place to open the bikes up. all sand.

Quick Reply: Where to Ride? Central MA (worcester area)