Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to Ride? Central MA (worcester area)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to Ride? Central MA (worcester area)

Hey! 06rappy700r thanks for the info!..... But, is it Plymouth in south shore? by rt 3 exit 5 and 6?

They not legal, but, will the cops gets involve? or they just don't pay attention...

What's the name of the beach! no parking for trailers or no parking at all...

Sorry to ask that much, but you know how it is, you have to be 100% sure where you going...

I will love to check the place, so if you can get me the name of the beach and directions.....

Thanks again!

Old 03-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

the place i go is near exit 1 on i think 25(maybe 24) whatever 495 turns into. I park at a friends house, Im not sure another way into it, but im sure there are plenty. its not really a beach, its more or less powerlines and cranberry bogs with a lot of sand dunes.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

too bad there aren't more legal places to ride in the state.......

Old 03-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

Mass is HORRIBLE (ok I wanted to use another word.. but you get the picture) .... They Don't not embrace OHRV's at all... They FORCE you to ride illegally if you live in eastern mass... That is one of the reasons I sold my dirtbike and bought a Quad... and well I want a 4x4 rig and building up a 4x4 truck was well beyond my budget. I truck my quad up to NH, VT and Maine...

Also posting where you ride or are going to ride in MASSACHUSETTS on a public forum is probably the BEST way to ENSURE that you WILL GET Caught... Trust me... Greenies / Environmental Police troll these message boards! Happenend to a guy on a Dirtbike website I was on... they arranged a ride in SE Mass at place that is illegal.. and sure enough.. the Greenies camped out, waited until the bikes were unloaded and everyone started to ride... and WHAM! BUSTED!

Old 03-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

1) Hey! thanks for the info again! I will stop by and check if there's a "safe" place to get in and ride....Sounds like fun that place...

2) Yes, you right, it's getting harder and harder for us to ride, not many places to go....I wish I can buy a pieze of land to go there and do what you want!....

3) Not fair, you buy the quad and pay taxes but they don't let you use it....

4) I will go this weekend to Windsor, CT...it's like an 1 hour 45 minutes, there's a place call Mototown, it's a Indoor track, actualy they have 3 tracks indoors, with store, repair shop and resturants, also a Gold Gym, it's huge!

Will be my first time there, as soon as I come back will let you know how it went!...

Have any of you guys been there before?

check the site! www.mototownusa.com

Old 03-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Old 03-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ligista11

3) Not fair, you buy the quad and pay taxes but they don't let you use it....
</end quote></div>

Well... you only have to pay taxes if you actually Register it.. and if you plan on riding any where in mass you best register it! Because getting caught with out a registration is bad news to say the least...

Screw the State of Mass.... they LOVE your tax money on that $6000 ATV but they don't have any legal place to ride that is worth while in eastern mass. Hence the reason even thought I live in mass, my quad will NEVER be registered in this state NEVER!!

Old 03-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Trailblazer

i agree with dirtdame that is the worst thing u can do is buy a quad and have no place to ride. i have been riding my whole life but thats cuz my parents have a 22 acre horse farm in grafton

Old 03-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer

Always wanted to bring my bike to the cape. Also, i read in an old trail guide that the Franklin/ Wrentham state forest is ATV friendly not sure tho. Also heard a rumor that a track is going to be built in Bellingham.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here in north central ma. there are tons of places to ride and no one bothers me. First get some topographical maps and look for 4wheel drive roads or roads that are public but unmaintained. (topo maps also show locations of homes). Do a drive buy with your car or truck to check out the area. If it looks good go back with your quad. If you are on the trails and come across hikers, horse riders, bikers, stop and ask questions , there locals and can give you valuable tips or info. Plus you will find that a lot of them own the land or know the owners of the land you are on. Best tip I can give you is on the trails keep the speeds reasonable and loud bikes belong in pits not on the trails.

Quick Reply: Where to Ride? Central MA (worcester area)