Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Mines and Meadows

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mines and Meadows

any opinions on Mines and meadows in Pa.
is it too tough for a little 80cc
any opinions would be appreciated

Old 02-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Trailblazer

A group of us went to Mines and Meadows last July. Fantastic trails. We are planning another trip there this year. There are sections of the park where an 80cc bike might do ok but there is a fair amount of hill climbing and terrain that it would not do well on. Hope this helps.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well i will tell ya what. I live less then 5 minutes from mines and meadows. I rode on that property long before you had to pay to ride there, and it sucked then..i just rode it because there was nothin else to do. I honestly dont know y people are paying that much money to ride somewhere that I could ride my lawn tractor through. As for the mine...i'm the one who started the riding in there in the first place, it was kinda cool the first few times, but it got old real quick....the last time i rode there was the year right before you had to pay to ride it. They had already took down the hills that were even close to being decent to about half there size. They made all the trails as wide as a dozer blade. There are speed limits, most of the trails are one way...i mean that NOT riding. They also talk about this place as its HUGE...its only about 400 acres, when your riding a quad or bike..thats not very much considering that wellsville, OH ( yellow creek ) is about 3000 acres and its a ride at your own risk place...i have been riding in wellsville for 10 to 12 years now, and its always different, people make new trails all the time, and you will never ride on the same one twice if you dont want to....you only pay 12 dollars a day to ride there or 25 per weekend...and if you know where to park, you dont have to pay anything. and its actually GOOD riding..it has everything that MnM has, but the hard stuff in wellsville is actually hard, some hills down there are next to impossible. My opinion of Mines and meadows is a place for yuppy city people that buy quads and think that a place like MnM is just awesome good riding. The People that think that mines and meadows is good riding, would DIE in a place like wellsville. So if you wanna good place to ride go to Wellsville, OH. You want a day like laying in bed, go to mines and meadows..............I have been through all of those woods on quads and bikes over the years...i cant even think of a place where they could MAKE a trail be hard to do, or a hill that would be challenging to climb..there aint nothin. As for the ATV renting, oh god help me, MOST people that rent an ATV most likely cant ride to save their life or they would have one of their own and people that cant ride, shouldn't...'nuff said on that topic. Save your hard earned money and go to a good place to ride.... GO TO WELLSVILLE !! Cant find it, just get in the general area and ask ANYBODY, they'll tell ya how to get there.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Range Rover

You are awesome!

Old 06-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well its about time someone told the truth about the place........where you from Outof$

Old 06-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Trailblazer

So tell me where Wellsville is? Do you need a pass? Is it open to public? Any trail info

Old 06-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

The place you actually ride is about 8 miles west of east liverpool ohio. Like i said get in the general area of wellsville and ask someone..they will tell you how to get there. There is no pass needed, you just have to pay to park. It is open to the public, and you can ride anything..if it moves you will probably see it there. There are no rules really..ride at your own risk. The only place that there is a speed limit, is around the place you park and where the people camp. As for trail info..they dont have a website...but go to YOUTUBE.COM and type wellsville, oh in the search and watch some of the vids...but i'm telling ya..go..you will NOT regret it.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Mines and Meadows"></title><script src=

Wow! you must really know what you are talking about. Mines and meadows must suck!! I must be one of those yuppies you are talking about. It is ashame Because I thought I was a good rider. You must be great. Then Again I am only a married man and father of two, That thinks mines and meadows rocks. Great family enviroment and nice people. Sorry you do not think so. I only live 10 minutes away and never rode there before it was opened. But I have been a gold card member there , And I know they groom the trails every day And it is nice for every one. The main trail "which you are probly accustom" is easy and designed for even young children. There are also trails to suit the hardest of riders. They are constantly grooming the trails. I have been a gold card member there for a while. The trails are always growing. Every time I go which is about every other weekend there is something new. Hats off to BOB!!!!!!!!!

Ps If you still think The trails suck then get ahold of me and see if you can keep up after all you rode there for so long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And I am just a yuppieeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Range Rover
Default Mines and Meadows"></title><script src=

Kx500,

I guess you need to realize that you are talking to a vast range of experience on this board. Some people don't want to ride in places like Wellsville, or have kids (like myself) who do NOT have 10 or 12 years of riding experience, b/c they are not even that old yet!!

I've not been to Mines n Meadows yet but was thinking of checking it out. The truth is (just as you elude to) that all the great public riding places (or not-so-great) are being gobbled up! There used to be a TON of riding areas around where I live when I was a kid. Now that my kids are looking for a place to ride their quads - good luck. No, I'm forced to take them to this little piece of leftover riding area that hasn't been developed yet even though everything around it has.

Most people used to trailer up to ride there, but now it's hardly worth the effort for an experienced rider to go there even within riding distance. I get bored there very easily, but I love watching my kids gain confidence and ride in areas there that they would not have the previous ride. The go up and down the bigger hills now or through the muddier areas (and complain how it stinks!). They are gaining experience and soon will find this place boring as well.

I will then be forced to load up the trailer and drive a minimum of 2 hours to a place where I will need a sticker and need to pay an admission fee for parking or for a trail pass just to go riding for a few hours. Places like MnM are the only option for some of us. Crows Canyon in Urichsville is another. But like you stated they aren't huge and after a number of times could become redundant. I do not live in the city, but even here w/o riding the railroad tracks or through some other land marked for No Trespassing, there are no accessible riding areas any more.

Soon, we'll be hitting areas like Kinzu and Hatfield/McCoy (4-5 hour drive). Maybe eventually they'll want to ride Wellsville. I've ridden there and Jeeped there as well. I remember I was going to meet someone there and I was on my street bike. I asked if I should meet them at the entrance (by the plant) or at their house (a further ride for me). They stated if I left my bike at the entrance and then rode with them that when I returned my bike would be either gone (stolen), run over or on fire!!

Yep, sounds like the place where I want to take my kids...