Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Whats your favorite riding spot?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2001, 07:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a lil thread I thought I would start to see whats everyones favorite riding spot.

Outa only 4 spots I have been to I guess (so far) Rocky Ridge in Decatur, Texas is my favorite as of now. Nice hill climbs, good assortment of trails, wide open fields to scream threw, great dam to scream across, and some wide open gravel trails and a pretty decent flat track. It has a wide veriety to ride on.

It may not be my fav for long, were heading out to Meunster this weekend, first time there.

So whats your favorite?

Old 01-18-2001, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

I'd have to say that Muenster is my least favorite place to go, not sure why just never really cared for it. Got tired of each time I went out there and was blasting down a trail i had been on the previous weekend, there was now a barbed wire fence. That was a few years ago, maybe they are done fencing now. Be careful some of the trails run right along the top of the creek, and i've seen more than one person lose it and go off the edge. About 10-15 ft straight down in some spots. The quicksand posing an interesting obstacle also, usually only if the red river is low though to where you can get out in it to play. I like Lake Murray best I guess. The lake is nice to have close by in the summer to take a dip. The trails are sandy in spots. If you are willing to explore and try to out run Mr. Park Ranger there are a few other spots you can explore. Some tight trails, some 3rd to 4th gear ridable. Nice long sections of sand whoops too those are kind of fun. If you like to play in the mud then you can do that also, there are some big mudholes in the road that most vehicles would get stuck in. RR is ok but i've been there sooooo many times it's getting kind of boring now. I want to go to Shiloh Ridge sometime, i've heard good things about that place. Lots of variety. My absolute favorite place though is LITTLE SAHARA!! I wish I lived closer so I could go more often. Enough babbling. So how do you like your Razrs? I bought a set but haven't had the chance to go ride with them.

Old 01-19-2001, 12:43 PM
Trailblazer

Well Jennifer, I have to agree with you,,,RR is just getting a little old...I mean for $10.00 a head you would think the guy would be able to buy up another 5000 or so acres. When I go I try to estimate how much money this guy is making...Unbeleivable...he has got to clear $3000.00 a weekend at least. As far as Muenster goes, the last two times I have been there have been horrible, once there was a race so we trned around and left and the other time was in the heat of summer, even the little creek that runs through it was dry...not fun, not to mention most of the wooded trail have the center groove from motorcycles. Anyways,,,I now have three favorites. 1st would be Arkansas, my family and I have been going there for a few years now(Not wolfpen gap but near there).. we just get out on the dirt roads and explore the old logging roads and hunting roads. My 2nd favorite would have to be Beavers Bend, I have benn there once and found it to be awesome,,,plenty of easy cruising trails and some difficult hills, but my most favorit thing about this place was that you could get deep into the woods where we came accross a waterfall with a little swimming hole under the fall. My 3rd fav would be Clayton, OK(4x4 capitol of Oklahoma) This place is mainly set up for trucks but in the 60,000acres you can find pleanty of places to get lost without ever seeing a truck..(take my word on that)...They have a hill climb in Clayton that makes the hill at RR look like a little bump. When my kids get a little bigger I am going to go to wolpen gap and make the entire loop, which I have been told takes a couple of days..I think that would be the ultimate.

Old 01-20-2001, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

UTAH...........

Sand, dirt, wooded trails, mountains, desert...Its all here..

Come to visit, lets go ride.....

Old 01-23-2001, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

You said it Utah has it all. The scenery is great too!!! The best thing of all is you don't have to pay!!!! unless you go to the Little Sahara. But that's only $6. Utah has great rock climbing trails down in Sunny Moab. We also have several sand dunes Little Saraha and Pink Coral. We also have one of the largest complete integrated trail systems in nation; The Piaute ATV Trails. There are so many places to ride and different things to see you could practically spend your whole life riding and never cover the same trail. Utah is the greatest place to ride!!!!!

Old 01-24-2001, 05:29 AM
Pro Rider

tp_y28, Jen,
RR is getting a little old. We headed out to Muenster this past Sunday for my first time. It is a long drive but was worth it. I absolutly loved it! Wasnt cold, wasnt hot, just perfect. It was pretty dry except for the right side of the place it was pretty muddy there and Duane got us lost and all 3 of us stuck more than once in mud, LMAO, but it was fun.
Next were trying for Shiloh Ridge in Alto, Texas. Going to be one heck of a drive but it looks like a great spot. Heres a link where I found some more trails http://www.dhc.net/~mscott/z_atv.htm

We should be heading up to Little Sahara in April I think for the big events.

Old 01-24-2001, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

Well we have a friend coming down from Illinois to ride around the end of February. Hoping that my dad has the crank in his bike by then we are trying to plan a trip to Shiloh then. It is a long drive but the pics look crazy. Looks like wide open BANSHEE stompin ground. Supposed to be about a 1000 acres with a little bit of everything. Later.

Old 01-24-2001, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

Just took a couple pictures of one of my favorite riding aeras (in the winter).. its a road about 8-10 miles long out in the woods, in the winter its maintained by the snowmobile club, groomed at least once a day, man is it fast fast fast, perfect mix of hills/flat/corners and groomed to perfection Here are a couple pictures, will take more once the snow is gone, the last picture at the bottom is the stupid hill that killed the banshee..
http://www.geocities.com/yamahabanshee96/aera1.jpg

Old 01-24-2001, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

Just took a couple pictures of one of my favorite riding aeras (in the winter).. its a road about 8-10 miles long out in the woods, in the winter its maintained by the snowmobile club, groomed at least once a day, man is it fast fast fast, perfect mix of hills/flat/corners and groomed to perfection Here are a couple pictures, will take more once the snow is gone, the last picture at the bottom is the stupid hill that killed the banshee..
http://www.geocities.com/yamahabanshee96/aera2.jpg

Old 01-24-2001, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

oops..