Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ridng in floriduh

Old 04-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ridng in floriduh

Well first off this isn't private property and second its been public land for longer than i have been alive so I don't know if you understood my point but i agree with you on those few bad apples ruining the atv name for the rest of us and the county opt out rule is pretty stupid when they make you register your atv any more.It use to be all you had to have to ride there is have a ten dollar sticker and they did away with that.But the way i found out that this was rule was buy some officer that did'nt even know the rules because he told me i wasn't allowed out there at all so i called the fwc office and the officer i spoke with could'nt find the rule in the so called rule book and its not posted any where.So i called 15 different people and got 15 different answers about the whole mess this is a wild life management area just like osceola but with no clear rules posted .You can't even drive your own personal vehicle there without a so called permit wich will cost you 325 dollars and is going up to 475 some time this year taxe payers money at work helping the timber company get richer and booting us out if tis private than post it and i will stay out and thats all i ask.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

I Live in the Lakeland area.. We are looking for places to ride our ATV's, OCHS71, where are the areas you are talking about?? The only place we know of is Ocala.... Thanks for the info!

Old 04-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Trailblazer

If you know where hawthornes at and lochloossa lake area it is a wma called grove park its about 20miles east of g-ville and about 25to30 from ocala if you head south down 301 it will be on the west side of the road they are patrolling the area so unless you have recreational permit don't go there if you go to there they have a web site called my fwc.com it will show all of the wma that are open to atvs or not and if you go to this other site i have been looking at its atv florida they have some places to ride on there im in the same boat you are looking for places to ride i don't know how far you want to drive but osceola sound like a good place to ride Oh and do not for any reason go on the part called lochloosa wma that would be criminal charges and they are very hard on that part but look at the map because they are only three roads you can drive your personal vehicle down without getting in trouble i would'nt ride there unless you have the money for a permit.Which is going up to $475 this year its crazy place to be right now

Old 04-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Range Rover

A site you might want to check is www.floridaohv.org/. On the left side of the page, just above the Florida OHV Laws & Statutes is the OHV Safety and Recreation Act Report. Some interesting reading though it is long. It does list some WMF areas open for riding. But that was in 02' Bull Creek is the only one I know of now that you can still ride. Heading there tomorrow.

The only park that has opened since this act was enabled has been Tate Hell in the big bend area.

The problem we are all facing is the fact that alot of the areas we could ride here in Brevard are now being developed. It's alright for local governments to allow land to be covered in concrete. Trees and marshes to be destroyed. Wild life to be evicted for the sake of "progress". But what does more damage? A four to five foot wide trail amongest the trees, marshes and wild life. Or Concrete!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Trailblazer

Thats the truth they are money hungry thats why we have to pay to have fun its stupid.Thats what this state has come to boot every body out and cover it with concrete and condos.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

You got that right.. We are running out od places to ride.. I know out where my parents live, is the only place I know of that you can ride on the road and a cop wont even think about messing with you.. ITs crazy!

Old 04-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Trailblazer

thats where im at still looking for a place to ride that i don't have drive 300miles round trip or pay out the butt to ride or get arrested.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

You right about that too.. I have been keeping an eye on this place in mulberry and come to find out a guy ran up under a parked payloader, probably going somewhere back in there that he had no business at outside the riding area.. But it ended up killing him.. So who knows they might shut that place down now..

Old 04-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

Thats like us having to drive 2 hours to go ride for a day then go back home.

Old 04-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Trailblazer

Thats what i did today drove to place and rode for awhile and made the long trip back but with gas prices its going to be hit and miss as far as riding any where to far away or at least more than once a month ,i guess i will just have to sneek down the side of the road at night with this full moon lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ridng in floriduh