Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

So. Calif.-Miller Canyon to Deep Creek...anyone???

Old 04-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So. Calif.-Miller Canyon to Deep Creek...anyone???

A couple of us may be doing this ride from Silverwood Lake to Arrowhead, on Saturday. If you haven't been, it is the best hot weather ride in the area. Anybody interested in joining us is welcome.......

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardin...d_bigpines.pdf

Old 04-29-2009, 01:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Reconranger

That is a nice area to ride around here, I sometimes ride that area from the Cedar springs dam. I'm game to ride if you need riding partners.TTYL

Old 05-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

Just seen this today. We rode very close to this area and were on our way to ride Miller when I got a branch torn into my rear tire and had to limp back for almost an hour, so we didn't get to ride it today. We did do Cleghorn and started at the Elliot turnoff ( the first exit for staging off the 138) and I found the riding to be what I really like. I liked how there were different options as to what line to pick. One side would be difficult and the other would be fairly simple. If you are familar with the area how would you rate this area for riding. Beginner? Novice? or Intermediate?
We are somewhat new to ATV riding but are very familar with all the mountain ranges as I've been mountain biking for the last 10 years around here. We are looking to hook up with other riders for hints and suggestions on the sport

Old 05-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Red Rider

The nice thing about Miller, is that the lower part is all fairly wide fire roads, that are suitable for an advanced beginner. For better or for worse, they have even paved over the stream crossings and the areas that use to be subject to heavy errosion, so it is even easier than it once was.

When you get to the top near the sewage treatment plant and cross Hwy 173, the trail turns to single track, and gets much more challenging! There are some semi-technical spots and tight turns and some dropoffs, so it isn't for the faint hearted in a few places.

Anyone....feel free to PM me any time you want a guided tour of the area. We can get a group together and show you the trails. It is the best summer riding anywhere in So. Calif.!!!!

Old 05-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey mountain biker,
If you're talking about the staging area immediately off the 15 to the 138 interchange going toward Silverwood, I believe that's called Baldy Mesa.It's a fun ride, I like it. Not sure how I would rate it, though I'd say novice to intermediate, obviously depending on which fork you take.
Sometimes I just like to cruise along enjoying the views or getting into the throttle on the easy trails and then ride up the difficult trails for a little more of a technical challenge. It's nice to be able to mix it up or accomodate different riders in a group.
You might also like the Silverwood lake trail system as it has a similar easy, more difficult and most difficult forking system, along with some nice lake views.
TTYL

Old 05-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Reconranger,
I took the Miller canyon ride twice last week from the Cedar springs dam in Silverwood and on into the Arrowhead trails 3W11,3W12,3N34 & 3W13 etc. Those are some fun trails. It would be nice to get a group together and hit the trails, I'll contact you or feel free to contact me.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info. We were at the first one and we were told it might be Baldy Mesa. I guess this confirms it.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to do Miller Cyn as a group ride.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:09 PM
Red Rider

Miller is our summer bail out ride. It's not a real long drive for me, so I pop up there all the time if I am not riding somewhere else. Should be able to get a group together most any time. I am tied up the next two weekends (headed for the Bishop area to ride in the Sierras!), but after that......

Old 05-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Red Rider

Hey....we were headed up to the Sierras, but our plans fell through...so I am up for a ride anytime, this weekend of next!

Somebody pick a time, and we will see how that works for everybody.......

Old 05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Red Rider

Tommorow Saturday 5/16 @1pm.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So. Calif.-Miller Canyon to Deep Creek...anyone???