Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Paiute ATV Trail

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-1999, 01:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well vacation time finally came around, and after hearing so much about the Paiute ATV Trail system I just had to go check it out. So we loaded up the Honda, hooked up the travel trailer,and headed to southern Utah.

Guess what? everything I heard about this place was true. This trail system is incredible and very extensive. We rode for five days and did'nt cover even half the trails available.

If anyone gets the chance to go riding in this area DO IT! Even if you have to drive a couple of days to get there it will be worth it.

------------------

Old 08-04-1999, 09:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ziggy, great to hear that the Piaute ATV trail lived up to your expectations. I am making the trip from Ottawa (Ontario) to UTAH this September and have a question maybe you can help me with....

I am bringing my bike (Grizzly), but my wife is reluctant to bring her bike (Wolverine). She thinks the trails may be too intimidating for her and she doesn't want to drag a trailer/bike 2000 miles if she isn't going to use it. She is a capable rider around our area, mostly old logging roads and trails in wooded areas but nothing too tough. The idea of towing a trailer around for 3 weeks for no reason doesn't excite me, but from what I have seen on the NET the trails look great and she shouldn't have a problem.

How are the trails for someone with less experience ? Did anybody find the trails too much to handle ?

Thanks in advance.

------------------
Glenn McDonald - 1998 Grizzly / 1996 Wolverine

Old 08-04-1999, 12:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Glen, glad to hear you are going to ride the Paiute Trail. Most of the trails were fairly easy (at least the ones we rode) however we did stumble across a few difficult ones. We were riding alone just the two of us my wife and I, so we only had a map to go by. The map was very good for finding the trails and looping them together, but it did not have any information as to how difficult a trail was.

I see you are going in Sept. are you going to the Rocky Mountain ATV Jamboree? If so you will have several people around who know every trail very well, and can tell you which trails are best for each indivual riders ability.

Wow this response got long! To answer your question, yes take your wifes quad. she would be very disappointed if she did not get to experience these incredible trails first hand. Hope this helps.....
Happy Trails
Ziggy

Old 08-04-1999, 02:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ziggy, yes I am going to the ATV Jamboree, and thanks for the info. I am going to show her this post, that should make her feel more comfortable about bringing her bike. As you say , it would be a shame for her to miss this opportunity .

Thanks.

------------------
Glenn McDonald - 1998 Grizzly / 1996 Wolverine