Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

So. Calif.-Miller Canyon....attacked by a deer!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 04:33 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So. Calif.-Miller Canyon....attacked by a deer!

If you don't think a deer chan hurt you: Deer Attack - Video

I was loading up at Miller the other day, and a tame doe deer came walking over to me. I was drinking out of a bottle, and it looked like it might be expecting a handout of some kind. When it didn't get one, it started striking at me with its sharp little front hooves.

I had already taken off my knee brace, so running away wasn't an option. I threw water in its face which stunned it for a second, then retreated to the other side of a picnic table and threw rocks at it. It retreated a few feet away, but stayed there watching me until I left.

I have seen tame deer in the area before. They may get fed by the folks at Pilot Rock fire station, so they are habituated to people. Keep an eye out when you are up there!!!

Old 09-30-2009, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen that video before awhile back. The guy used buck lure on himself and the buck went all nuts on him. I would love for a deer to try an attack me, that would be so awesome, as I would love to experience killing one, on a one on one fight. In that video when the guy was on the ground and the deer pratically over him, I would have inserted a blade into the chest cavity and slice it open, gutting it as it stood upright. Either that or just go right for the throat.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deer Attack

Recon,
You just have all the fun don't you. Too bad you didn't have a camcorder handy, or handed it to someone else to film your exploits......How have ya been????? Its gettin to that time of year again. I've been workin alot, tryin to keep my job, Oh and Boy Scouts...That will keep you busy....Glad to see your still out making outings into adventures..Maybe we can get together again this riding season.....Hope all is well with you and the family...

Mike

Need to go to Razor again.....