Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Paiute ATV Trail/ Post Jamboree!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-1999, 01:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well folks the 1999 version of the Rocky Mountain Jamboree is over.

This year a new record crowd attended the festivities, 742 registered riders from the ages of 7 to 84!

The event will go down as one great big success. All involved performed well and handled the record setting crowd very well indeed.

Events like this is what brings people together for the love of their sport as well as getting to kow others from across the country and even Canada. Oh and I almost forgot we had three folks join us this year from Germany!

Canada contributed some most wonderful people from Vancouver to Ottawa. Glen McDonald, came to the jamboree from Ottawa as a result of this board. He let nothing get past him and his bride! I think that the really enjoyed the Utah mountains. Glenn even took second place in the Sled pull with his Grizzley. Congradulations again Glenn!

Also of note is the NorCal ATV Club! All I can say is WOW what a great bunch of poeple! These folks do the parade all dressed up in Blues Brothers attair, letting all in attendance know that there was a special force driving this club! I was able to share some very special places, (Reserved, not for everybody), with this bunch. Inturn they shared with me themselves! Their wit, and charm and talents! Thumper4x4 determined to be remembered, soundly beat out all others in the mud bog! Leading it by well over a machine length with his ,slightly, modified Wolverine! You can see this one at http://homepages.msn.com/YosemiteDr/...4x4/index.html

All week the Polaris folks from Virgina kept telling him how good they would be in the mud! And they were vey good also. Talk about showing us their stuff. The Payne's Garage group from Virgina did just that! Nightly parking lot demonstrations in ATV handeling and showman ship! Inclulding ATV pulls with matched machines. Yes the Polaris always won! The first thing they did was drive down main street Richfield on their ATV's and went shopping at K-mart! Called home to tell the tale of disbelief! We have designated routes through town open all year, but during ATV week the list get expanded a bit!

I can't stop without mentioning that great group form Missouri! A little more speed from Gary's machine and we may not have gotten so wet on Tuesday afternoon! Right Vicki?

I also enjoyed my daily visits with the Tennesee Volenteers! The firemen that still can and do put them out!

The "R" Brothers Five! From.... well all over. But came to the Jamboree from coast to coast to ride together for several days!

All of you have made my life richer and my circle of friends even greater!

Thank You all for coming and making the jamboree what it is. Without you nothing happens! I know I will see many of you again next September for the 2000 event. I'm already looking forward to it!

I hope that I have not left anybody out, but I'm sure that I have. Not by malice I assure you, but tiny brain.

Trail conditions varied for the week. But the frequent afternoon rains, along with some hail, kept the dust down and the spirits of the riders high. The leaves in the high country were changing more every day, adding to the stunning beauty of our riding area.
There just is no place else that can claim nearly 2000 miles of roads and trails that traverse some of the most scenic mountains and valleys in the nation and are open to ATV travel. All within a circle of 100 miles!

The fall snows have not started yet, and riding is still prime. Except the colors are becoming more vivid daily!

Come on out and enjoy the public gift available to you. If you have been lucky enough to have ridden out here then you know of what I speak. If you have not been here you may just not believe your senses!

[This message has been edited by TopCat (edited 09-22-1999).]

Old 09-22-1999, 09:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

OK,OK, Stop already!! Sniff Sniff, My eyes are beginning to swell and I'm getting the sniffles. How could I miss this event?!?! Oh yea, the wife said "no". But I got the bug in her ear for next year. I will definately be there. I know it's early, but do you have any info on next years event? Will be looking forward to it with gleefull anticipation.

Rob Vilanueva
"99" Scrambler 500 "96" Foreman 400

Old 09-22-1999, 04:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

As someone from Utah I enjoy riding in the mountains and have always wanted to go to the Jamboree, but never have, I was just wondering how the people at the Jamboree felt about noisy two strokes being there and being on the trail, some of the other places I have ridden that are mostly fourstroke territory don't like the 2 strokes around because of the noise

Old 09-23-1999, 03:14 PM
Trailblazer

Rob, Bring your bride along next year. There are trails for all levels of riding ability and interests.

KnTBanshee!

We have nearly every imagineable machine type attend the jamboree! You banshee wil fit in just fine. We had 250r's and Blasters along on all of my rides. They did just fine. They were not the loudest bikes on the trail either! Oh and hey! You aint that far from the action! Git on down here and enjoy!

Even if you are still running one the fine trikes of yesteryear, you are welcome at the jamboree!

Old 09-25-1999, 03:01 AM
Range Rover

Sounds great TopCat!!!
I`ll be there....
Sorry dude...Very nice post and Thumper thanks you for your kind words...
And we are signing up next week...
And kids listen to TopCat, He is a very wise man...
BEST VACATION I EVER HAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.rockymtn-atvjam.org

Old 09-25-1999, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on a successful ride, Top Cat, and thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure I join many readers longing to join your future excursions.

One point in your post troubles me, however. You said someone on a Wolverine won the mud bog competition.

Did you make a typographical error? Surely, only a (fill in ATV manufacturer's name here) could have won such a contest! NOT a politically-incorrect Yamaha Wolverine! AND ONE WITH A STOCK LIMITED-SLIP FRONT END AT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expect other corrections from (fill in ATV manufacturer's name here) riders.

Just kidding, but seriously: Congratulations again on a successful ride; hope to join you sometime.

Tree Farmer

[This message has been edited by Tree Farmer (edited 09-25-1999).]

Old 09-29-1999, 10:09 AM
Range Rover

I heard it was actually a snowmobile that won the mudbog contest. Any truth to this?

------------------
Kevin Staton
Y2K Polaris Magnum 325 4x4
<a href="www.korrnet.org/watvclub">Windrock ATV Club</a>

[This message has been edited by kevin_staton (edited 09-29-1999).]

Old 09-29-1999, 02:00 PM
Range Rover

Yes Tree Farmer, it`s a Wolverine. Atleast it was. Now I call it my Polaris Killer.

------------------
http://homepages.msn.com/YosemiteDr/...4x4/index.html

Old 09-29-1999, 09:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi TopCat.. We finally made it home after stopping in Wyoming Yellowstone Park for a few days and making our way back to Ottawa.

The Jamboree was everything you said it would be, the hills, trails and especially the people were great. The town opened it's doors and put on a great show.

We had a wonderful time and Chirs (I now call her the Queen of Quads) loved the trail rides....panning for gold, picture takers special, poker run, what a blast.

I really recommend anyone making the trip to plan a day at Bryce Canyon, the view is spectacular. Utah has some of the prettiest secenary we've seen on our trip.

Thanks again for taking the time to tell me about the Jamboree, you can expect us back next year, this time with more of us ATVers from the Ottawa area.

Glenn McDonald 1998 Grizzly , 1996 Wolverine

Old 09-29-1999, 10:03 PM
Range Rover

Well Kevin, that snowmobile was scary, but only an exibition...That thing flew over the mud bog @ like 60mph...
I thought someone was gonna get ran over...
Besides I have the trophy...
And I will defend it next year...

------------------
http://homepages.msn.com/YosemiteDr/...4x4/index.html

[This message has been edited by thumper4x4 (edited 09-29-1999).]

Quick Reply: Paiute ATV Trail/ Post Jamboree!